"I'm in so much pain". People are sending messages of prayer, while others want the old man to know that "not all Americans are like your attackers". Mendoza told the station.
The man's grandson, Erik Mendoza, told KCBS his grandfather doesn't speak English and had no idea why he was being attacked.
Now "I can't walk anymore", Rodolfo Rodriguez tells CNN from his family's Los Angeles County home, where he's recovering from a broken jaw, broken cheekbones, two broken ribs, and plenty of bruises-the result of a heinous attack on the Fourth of July. Thinking he might have gone for his daily walk, Mendoza wandered around the Los Angeles neighborhood searching for him. Rodriguez accidentally bumped into a young girl while walking on the sidewalk, Borjas told The Washington Post.
In footage obtained by one of the witnesses, four other men can reportedly be seen joining the mother on the attack, kicking the elderly man.More news: Nadal back in Wimbledon quarters after 7 years
"When I take the picture, she said, 'Oh, he tried to touch my girl.' I saw everything, this is a lie". "I just passed her and she pushed me and she hit me until she was done".
'We are concerned, especially with the type of crime they committed, ' Deputy D'Angelo Robinson said. We can't these kind of people like that out in our streets'.
The toddler's mom violently shoved the grandfather to the ground and proceeded to beat him in the face with a brick, police said.
An elderly Hispanic man in California was beaten to a pulp with a brick and told to "go back to your country", according to reports.More news: George Clooney Injured in Italy Car Crash
A group of men also joined the assault, witnesses said, as they began to record the incident on video and call the police.
Los Angeles County police are searching for the woman and four men in the video. She took the block of concrete and hit him in his head many times.
"'Go back to your country, ' 'why are you here, ' bad things", the witness said, according to KCBS-TV.
"But that's not true", he said, through tears.More news: Nebraska groups react to Pruitt's resignation
- Gonzalo Higuain's agent confirms forward is not in talks to leave Juventus
- Prince Louis' Godparents Revealed Ahead of Today's Christening
- OR fugitive charged for burying baby alive near Missoula
- Salman Khan calls Katrina Kaif 'baby' during an interview
- Netflix Debuts "Smart Download" Feature As Boost For Binges
- U.K. Foreign Secretary Boris Johnson Resigns Over Brexit
- Carmelo Anthony to Rockets? Juicy Summer League sighting blows race wide open
- Raptors 'generated buzz' in potential trade for Kawhi Leonard
- Fortnite Season 5 starting on July 12
- Trump Nominates Kavanaugh to Supreme Court