It's probably a longshot, but it is interesting to see that Toronto is being talked about alongside National Basketball Association heavyweights like the Los Angeles Lakers - Leonard's preferred choice - the Boston Celtics and Philadelphia 76ers.More news: Prince Harry and Meghan Markle attend Prince Louis' christening
Whatever happens in the end, it looks like the Leonard saga is going to continue for now. With San Antonio in no rush to move its disgruntled superstar, the drama could drag on throughout the summer - and beyond.
San Antonio might favor such a deal because it allow them to send Leonard out of the Western Conference and prevent the forward from creating a potential super-team with the Los Angeles Lakers. The Spurs reportedly were asking for a king's ransom from the Lakers, with potential packages including L.A.'s top young players Kyle Kuzma and Brandon Ingram and a plethora of draft picks, and the Spurs don't appear willing to budge or negotiate much.More news: Japan struggles in the wake of worst flooding in decades
Along with the Boston Celtics, the Sixers are one of the few teams other than the Lakers that have the assets to trade for Leonard.
To further complicate things, it's been reported that the Spurs brass doesn't want to trade the 27-year-old former Finals MVP to another team in the West. He was clearly a favorite for the team and years later, he could be in the mix yet again.More news: Meghan Markle, Prince Harry send thank you notes after royal wedding
Leonard has one year remaining on his five-year, $94.3 million contract signed prior to the 2015-16 season. A Kawhi Leonard trade could be next. Leonard played in only nine games in 2017-18, scoring 16.2 points a night, well below his average of 25.5 in 2016-17.
- Manchester United host Leicester in Premier League season opener - Ireland
- Duchess of Sussex in Ralph Lauren for Prince Louis's christening
- Pixel 2 XL, Home, & Chromecast, including $150 off Home Max pair
- George Clooney reportedly hurt in motorcycle crash in Italy
- OR fugitive charged for burying baby alive near Missoula
- Pick your England XI for Croatia semi-final
- Bookstore Owner Calls Police On Woman Accosting Steve Bannon
- China: Liu Xia free and on her way to Germany
- George Clooney reported hurt in motorcycle crash in Italy
- Microsoft's Entry Level Tablet Arrives in August for $399 — Surface Go