It's probably a longshot, but it is interesting to see that Toronto is being talked about alongside National Basketball Association heavyweights like the Los Angeles Lakers - Leonard's preferred choice - the Boston Celtics and Philadelphia 76ers.More news: Rescued Thai boys have been given chocolate and TVs
Whatever happens in the end, it looks like the Leonard saga is going to continue for now. With San Antonio in no rush to move its disgruntled superstar, the drama could drag on throughout the summer - and beyond.
San Antonio might favor such a deal because it allow them to send Leonard out of the Western Conference and prevent the forward from creating a potential super-team with the Los Angeles Lakers. The Spurs reportedly were asking for a king's ransom from the Lakers, with potential packages including L.A.'s top young players Kyle Kuzma and Brandon Ingram and a plethora of draft picks, and the Spurs don't appear willing to budge or negotiate much.More news: Bookstore Owner Calls Police On Woman Accosting Steve Bannon
Along with the Boston Celtics, the Sixers are one of the few teams other than the Lakers that have the assets to trade for Leonard.
To further complicate things, it's been reported that the Spurs brass doesn't want to trade the 27-year-old former Finals MVP to another team in the West. He was clearly a favorite for the team and years later, he could be in the mix yet again.More news: Nadal back in Wimbledon quarters after 7 years
Leonard has one year remaining on his five-year, $94.3 million contract signed prior to the 2015-16 season. A Kawhi Leonard trade could be next. Leonard played in only nine games in 2017-18, scoring 16.2 points a night, well below his average of 25.5 in 2016-17.
- It’s official: Lakers announce LeBron James has signed
- Is Modric the best midfielder in the world?
- George Clooney reported hurt in motorcycle crash in Italy
- Pixel 2 XL, Home, & Chromecast, including $150 off Home Max pair
- George Clooney reportedly hurt in motorcycle crash in Italy
- Salman Khan calls Katrina Kaif 'baby' during an interview
- China: Liu Xia free and on her way to Germany
- Trump Nominates Kavanaugh to Supreme Court
- Japan struggles in the wake of worst flooding in decades
- West Ham signs Wilshere from Arsenal