In addition to the cake, Prince Louis's christening gown was also recycled.
Click through the slideshow to see who has been named a godparent to Prince Louis...
Queen Victoria and Prince Albert married there in 1840, while her grandson King George V married Princess Mary of Teck at the Chapel in 1893.More news: 'Miracle': Montana Authorities Find Abandoned Infant Alive Who Was Buried
Louis, who was born April 23 in London, will be officially baptized into the Church of England in the traditional christening ceremony on July 9 at the Chapel Royal in St. James's Palace, also in London. Guy Pelly has been a longtime friend of the Kate and Will and Harry Aubrey-Fletcher went to Ludgrove School and Eton with Prince William.
The Duke and Duchess have asked six close friends and family members to become Louis' godparents.
The Queen and her husband, Prince Philip did not attend the christening, according to Kensington Palace.
Prince William and the former Kate Middleton were joined at the christening by both of their families.More news: Star of 'Borat' and 'Bruno' returns satirical gaze to US
The Chapel Royal is also where Meghan Markle, now the Duchess of Sussex, reportedly was baptised ahead of her marriage to Prince Harry. The three godmothers are Hannah Gillingham-one of Kate's school friends-cousin Lucy Middleton and Laura Meade, wife of Prince William's friend James Meade, who is Princess Charlotte's godfather.
Louis will wear the handmade replica of the Royal Christening Robe, which in 2008 replaced the original which had been worn for all royal christenings since that of Queen Victoria's eldest daughter in 1841.
Prince Louis will wear the same christening gown used for the ceremonies of his 5-year-old brother George and 3-year-old sister Charlotte, Buckingham Palace said.
The UK's Press Association said the decision is understood not to have been taken for health reasons and was mutually agreed by the Queen and Louis' parents, the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge, some time ago.More news: Eight boys rescued from cave in northern Thailand
- Mother is sole survivor of crash that killed husband, 4 daughters
- IPhone Is Most Common 'Status Symbol' of Wealth
- Roger Federer cruises into Wimbledon quarter-finals
- Haitian government suspends fuel price hike following fiery protests
- Government Will Miss Deadline To Reunify Young Children With Parents
- Hand of Fate 2 Officially Coming to Nintendo Switch; First Trailer Released
- Kieran Trippier pays tribute to England fans
- Gary Neville's World Cup predictions are very impressive in hindsight
- Thai cave rescue sees four more boys freed
- IOS 11.4.1 brings USB Restricted Mode but it has a bug