"Seen on Sunday morning at Pretoria's Wonderboom Airport‚ ex Rovos Air Convair 340 ZS-BRV".
Earlier, reports emerged that 20 people had been injured after a plane, marked Martin's Air Charter, crashed at the airport.
Mr Meiring said ER24 helicopters were on the scene to airlift any critical patients to hospital.More news: Pick your England XI for Croatia semi-final
Jurgen Kotze, chief operating officer for Emer-G-Med services, said the crash was near Wonderboom airport on the Moloto Road.
"There is smoke all over and paramedics are on the scene".
He said they would be flown to the Milpark Hospital in Johannesburg.More news: George Clooney Injured in Italy Car Crash
Spokesperson Russel Meiring says five ER24 services and others are working to extinguish the fire which broke out after the crash.
Paramedic Xander Loubser from BestCare Ambulance Service confirmed the accident on Tuesday afternoon.
"Their injuries range from minor to critical", he said.More news: French report: Cockpit fire likely caused EgyptAir crash
South African Civil Aviation Authority spokesman Kabelo Ledwaba said its investigators were at the scene and would issue a statement.
- Prince Louis christening: Queen and Duke of Edinburgh to miss event
- Manchester United sign American youngster Will Vint
- OR fugitive charged for burying baby alive near Missoula
- Netflix Debuts "Smart Download" Feature As Boost For Binges
- U.K. Foreign Secretary Boris Johnson Resigns Over Brexit
- UK's May names new foreign secretary
- Raptors 'generated buzz' in potential trade for Kawhi Leonard
- Croatia fear England's Sterling in semi
- West Ham signs Wilshere from Arsenal
- Trump Still Distorting NATO Spending