"Seen on Sunday morning at Pretoria's Wonderboom Airport‚ ex Rovos Air Convair 340 ZS-BRV".
Earlier, reports emerged that 20 people had been injured after a plane, marked Martin's Air Charter, crashed at the airport.
Mr Meiring said ER24 helicopters were on the scene to airlift any critical patients to hospital.More news: Prince Louis' Godparents Revealed Ahead of Today's Christening
Jurgen Kotze, chief operating officer for Emer-G-Med services, said the crash was near Wonderboom airport on the Moloto Road.
"There is smoke all over and paramedics are on the scene".
He said they would be flown to the Milpark Hospital in Johannesburg.More news: OR fugitive charged for burying baby alive near Missoula
Spokesperson Russel Meiring says five ER24 services and others are working to extinguish the fire which broke out after the crash.
Paramedic Xander Loubser from BestCare Ambulance Service confirmed the accident on Tuesday afternoon.
"Their injuries range from minor to critical", he said.More news: Tories rally behind PM amid Brexit chaos - but should May stay?
South African Civil Aviation Authority spokesman Kabelo Ledwaba said its investigators were at the scene and would issue a statement.
- OnePlus 6 256GB Midnight Black now available in India
- Raptors 'generated buzz' in potential trade for Kawhi Leonard
- George Clooney Injured in Italy Car Crash
- Big in Japan - Fernando Torres signs for Sagan Tosu
- Gonzalo Higuain's agent confirms forward is not in talks to leave Juventus
- Cristiano Ronaldo: Juventus set to sign Real Madrid forward
- UK's May names new foreign secretary
- Prince Louis christening: Queen and Duke of Edinburgh to miss event
- Netflix Debuts "Smart Download" Feature As Boost For Binges
- YouTube spends $25 million to fight fake news