"Seen on Sunday morning at Pretoria's Wonderboom Airport‚ ex Rovos Air Convair 340 ZS-BRV".
Earlier, reports emerged that 20 people had been injured after a plane, marked Martin's Air Charter, crashed at the airport.
Mr Meiring said ER24 helicopters were on the scene to airlift any critical patients to hospital.More news: Nebraska groups react to Pruitt's resignation
Jurgen Kotze, chief operating officer for Emer-G-Med services, said the crash was near Wonderboom airport on the Moloto Road.
"There is smoke all over and paramedics are on the scene".
He said they would be flown to the Milpark Hospital in Johannesburg.More news: French report: Cockpit fire likely caused EgyptAir crash
Spokesperson Russel Meiring says five ER24 services and others are working to extinguish the fire which broke out after the crash.
Paramedic Xander Loubser from BestCare Ambulance Service confirmed the accident on Tuesday afternoon.
"Their injuries range from minor to critical", he said.More news: Brazil star Neymar urge PSG to sign Suarez from Barcelona this summer
South African Civil Aviation Authority spokesman Kabelo Ledwaba said its investigators were at the scene and would issue a statement.
- Trump Nominates Kavanaugh to Supreme Court
- Prince Louis christening: Queen and Duke of Edinburgh to miss event
- Croatia fear England's Sterling in semi
- History beckons as France take on Belgium
- Arsenal complete move for Sampdoria midfielder Lucas Torreira
- Tories rally behind PM amid Brexit chaos - but should May stay?
- Netflix Debuts "Smart Download" Feature As Boost For Binges
- Trump Still Distorting NATO Spending
- UK's May names new foreign secretary
- Pick your England XI for Croatia semi-final