Scott Pruitt, former Oklahoma Attorney General and former trustee at The Southern Baptist Theological Seminary (SBTS), resigned his position as head of the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) July 5 after months of ethical allegations, according to news reports.
In July 2017, after Fitzgerald Glider Kits petitioned EPA to do so, the agency announced it meant to revisit the Phase 2 glider kit provisions. In 2017, small manufacturers were limited to the number of gliders they built in their biggest production year between 2010 and 2014.
It was just as strongly opposed by an unusual alliance of public health groups like the American Lung Association, environmental groups like the Environmental Defense Fund and major industry players like United Parcel Service, the largest truck fleet owner, and Volvo Group, one of the largest truck manufacturers. First, EPA is considering an extension of the compliance date, which would set a new effective date of December 31, 2019.More news: UK's May names new foreign secretary
Pruitt helped decrease red tape that had previously harmed Nebraska farms and businesses, Gov. Pete Ricketts said in a statement.
The Nebraska Sierra Club is among the environmental groups that welcomed the resignation.
Deputy EPA Administrator Andrew Wheeler will serve as interim director of the agency.More news: Trump Nominates Kavanaugh to Supreme Court
Block did not respond when asked what role, if any, Wheeler played in the decision.
While experts anticipate that the EPA will continue to implement the Trump administration's.
However, it should be noted that, per The Washington Post, a September 11 letter to then-EPA chief Pruitt urged him not to revisit the rule, contending that glider kits "should not be used for circumventing purchase of now certified powertrains". In several instances, reporters who learned where Pruitt would be speaking were removed from the event or denied access.More news: Meghan Markle, Prince Harry send thank you notes after royal wedding
"The new truck industry conspired with the Obama EPA to try to put us out of business", he wrote, adding, "Our goose was cooked until President Trump and Pruitt came to town".
- Kate Middleton and Archbishop of Canterbury joke about sleeping Louis
- West Ham signs Wilshere from Arsenal
- George Clooney reportedly hurt in motorcycle crash in Italy
- Manchester United host Leicester in Premier League season opener - Ireland
- Pixel 2 XL, Home, & Chromecast, including $150 off Home Max pair
- Japan struggles in the wake of worst flooding in decades
- George Clooney injured in bike crash
- OR fugitive charged for burying baby alive near Missoula
- Bookstore Owner Calls Police On Woman Accosting Steve Bannon
- Prince Harry and Meghan Markle attend Prince Louis' christening