Whatever the outcome of England's semi-final, the team will remain in Russian Federation at the very least until next Saturday when the Third Place Play-Off is contested - the final will be played on Sunday 15 July.
Fifa World Cup has always been dominated by the traditional powerhouses of football.
The Brazil forward's world-record switch from Barcelona to Paris Saint-Germain last August was widely viewed as an attempt to push his Ballon d'Or credentials away from Lionel Messi's considerable shadow.More news: Thai cave rescue: Four more boys pulled from flooded cave
"Maybe in the other two - the (last) World Cup and the European Championship, some players did not have the belief yet of winning it". England had a comfortable victory against Sweden in their quarterfinal match whereas Croatia had to fight with Russian Federation to win the game in penalties.
ESPN brings you the best of the numbers from Belgium's 2-1 win over Brazil in the quarterfinals of the World Cup.
The five-time world champions left the World Cup empty-handed after losing to Belgium in the quarterfinals, leaving only European teams contending for the title in Russian Federation.
Unfortunately for Brazil's Neymar his displays are still being talked about - though probably not in the way the world's most expensive player would have wished.More news: Rafael Nadal reaches quarter-finals of Wimbledon
Whether Fred will be available for selection come the first game of the season, though, remains to be seen. Belgium are a strong side on paper and play as a total unit.
"Unfortunately our dream has been postponed, and it is very painful for all of us that after so much work and dedication on the part of each player, technical commission, and staff, there is vast pain", he wrote.More news: Windsor's unemployment rate slightly below national average in June
- Britain will not put Brexit deal to a new referendum: PM May
- Nick Kyrgios reflects on his Wimbledon win over Robin Haase
- With Pruitt’s Departure, More Than A Quarter of Trump’s Cabinet Has Changed
- Ohio Abuse Scandal Spurs Blaming of the "Deep State"
- Turkey's Erdogan appoints son-in-law as finance minister
- Harry Kane Odds on for the Golden Boot
- Donald Trump still pondering Supreme Court pick as big reveal nears
- Timehop’s data breach compromised 21 million accounts
- Trump Making Supreme Court Pick to Cement Conservative Majority
- USA puts fierce squeeze on breastfeeding policy, shocking health officials