Gregg "Rocky" Brooks alleges the incident occurred on April 13, 2017, when Depp was filming outside the Barclay Hotel in downtown Los Angeles.
According to the lawsuit - filed by Baker, Olson, LeCroy & Danielian - Rocky was concerned about Depp's volatility and went to get an LAPD officer for protection but was attacked before he could get help.
- A film crew member says in a lawsuit that Johnny Depp twice punched him on the Los Angeles set of a movie about the killing of the Notorious B.I.G., and that he was sacked from the production when he refused to promise not to sue over the incident.
"City of Lies" is due to be released on September 7.More news: How to get tickets to Global Citizen Festival
In the movie, Depp plays the real LAPD detective Russell Poole - who investigated the murder of Biggie Smalls.
"He was 6 inches away, yelling, 'Who are you?"
Mr. Furman states that Depp "respects other artists", and while movie sets become stressful and take a lot of work, there simply "isn't one (a story) here", as much as Brooks would like there to be. "You have no right to tell me what to do!" Before Rocky could even reach the cops, Johnny attacked him and began screaming "who the f*** are you?"
Rocky claims Depp continued his tirade and his bodyguards then removed him from the area.More news: Ohio Abuse Scandal Spurs Blaming of the "Deep State"
Brooks said he was sacked from the production three days later, when he refused to sign a release waiving his right to sue over the incident. When he declined, he says, he was sacked.
Depp, as well as City of Lies director Brad Furman and the film's production companies, are being sued for assault and battery, intentional infliction of emotional distress, negligence, negligent hiring and retention of unfit employee, negligent supervision of employee, hostile work environment, wrongful termination in violation of public policy, retaliation, and negligent infliction of emotional distress.
The Pirates Of The Caribbean star is already facing suits filed in May in California Superior Court from two former body guards for unpaid wages and overtime.
Rolling Stone also reported in June that almost all of his previous net worth of $650 million is long gone.More news: Leaders of bitter foes Ethiopia, Eritrea meet for historic peace talks
- Orange Is the New Black Season 6 Trailer
- NOLA Family Says Goodbye to Son with a Unique Sony Spin
- UK Government in crisis as Foreign Secretary Boris Johnson quits
- North Korea talks sidelining human rights: United Nations rapporteur
- Windsor's unemployment rate slightly below national average in June
- Gal Gadot Dressed as Wonder Woman Surprises Patients at Children's Hospital
- Three Lions Is Official Vodafone Big Top 40 Number 1
- Timehop’s data breach compromised 21 million accounts
- USA puts fierce squeeze on breastfeeding policy, shocking health officials
- An Iranian teenager was detained for posting dance videos on Instagram