Smoove will shoot his role before returning to his regular role in Larry David's Curb Your Enthusiasm. Leaked pictures from the set have shown off Tom Holland as Peter Parker, but there have not been any shots of the actor in his web slinging costume. Whoever Smoove plays, the character is obviously going to be based on one of the thousands of stock characters Marvel has license to lift from its comics reservoir, or one entirely made up for the film.
It was previously reported - but not yet confirmed - that Jake Gyllenhaal has been cast as Mysterio.More news: Nick Kyrgios reflects on his Wimbledon win over Robin Haase
Spider-Man: Far from Home is to be directed by Jon Watts, who also helmed Spider-Man: Homecoming.
Filming for Spider-Man: Far From Home has officially begun, with set photos from the United Kingdom location surfacing online. Aside from Holland, Michael Keaton, Zendaya and Marisa Tomei are all expected to reprise their Homecoming roles as Adrian Toomes, Michelle Jones and May Parker, respectively. Kevin Feige and Amy Pascal are producing. Other than that, not much else is clear about what we'll see when the film hits theaters next summer. Then on Monday, it was revealed that another newcomer would be joining the cast.More news: Trump Making Supreme Court Pick to Cement Conservative Majority
The addition of J.B. Smoove to Spider-Man: Far From Home is an intriguing choice. And as anyone who's seen Smoove's previous performances knows, he would make a hell of a J Jonah Jameson.More news: Thai cave rescue: Four more boys pulled from flooded cave
- Three Lions Is Official Vodafone Big Top 40 Number 1
- After initial tests, HIV vaccine trial on 2600 African women
- Adepoju feels sorry for Russian Federation after Croatia loss
- Windsor's unemployment rate slightly below national average in June
- USA puts fierce squeeze on breastfeeding policy, shocking health officials
- Donald Trump still pondering Supreme Court pick as big reveal nears
- Rafael Nadal reaches quarter-finals of Wimbledon
- Alexander Zverev defeats Taylor Fritz in Wimbledon second round
- Movie producer Weinstein pleads not guilty to new sex assault charge
- Next stop Moscow for England fans in a camper van