Smoove will shoot his role before returning to his regular role in Larry David's Curb Your Enthusiasm. Leaked pictures from the set have shown off Tom Holland as Peter Parker, but there have not been any shots of the actor in his web slinging costume. Whoever Smoove plays, the character is obviously going to be based on one of the thousands of stock characters Marvel has license to lift from its comics reservoir, or one entirely made up for the film.
It was previously reported - but not yet confirmed - that Jake Gyllenhaal has been cast as Mysterio.More news: Orange Is the New Black Season 6 Trailer
Spider-Man: Far from Home is to be directed by Jon Watts, who also helmed Spider-Man: Homecoming.
Filming for Spider-Man: Far From Home has officially begun, with set photos from the United Kingdom location surfacing online. Aside from Holland, Michael Keaton, Zendaya and Marisa Tomei are all expected to reprise their Homecoming roles as Adrian Toomes, Michelle Jones and May Parker, respectively. Kevin Feige and Amy Pascal are producing. Other than that, not much else is clear about what we'll see when the film hits theaters next summer. Then on Monday, it was revealed that another newcomer would be joining the cast.More news: UK: Dawn Sturgess dies after exposure to nerve agent Novichok
The addition of J.B. Smoove to Spider-Man: Far From Home is an intriguing choice. And as anyone who's seen Smoove's previous performances knows, he would make a hell of a J Jonah Jameson.More news: Trump Making Supreme Court Pick to Cement Conservative Majority
- USA puts fierce squeeze on breastfeeding policy, shocking health officials
- How significant is Trump's Supreme Court pick?
- Movie producer Weinstein pleads not guilty to new sex assault charge
- Thai cave rescue: Four more boys pulled from flooded cave
- Ohio Abuse Scandal Spurs Blaming of the "Deep State"
- England drop Joe Root but still lose series to India
- Rafael Nadal reaches quarter-finals of Wimbledon
- Adepoju feels sorry for Russian Federation after Croatia loss
- Timehop’s data breach compromised 21 million accounts
- Donald Trump still pondering Supreme Court pick as big reveal nears