Lakers' GM, Rob Pelinka met with James at what looks to be his home out in Los Angeles to sign the contract and make things official.
The news of the contract signing, like the July 1 announcement the 33-year-old would part ways with the Cleveland Cavaliers for Los Angeles, was announced on Twitter by Klutch Sports, the agency that represents James.
"He loves to compete and is an awesome leader who is about winning and making sure that his teammates are successful", the statement continued.
"It's a big step closer to returning the Lakers to the postseason and the NBA Finals".More news: China: Liu Xia free and on her way to Germany
No surprise here, that James has made it official, despite calls from some critics that he should back out of the deal.
We've known this since LeBron James let it be known he was going to the Lakers back on July 1, rocking the National Basketball Association world. Now, the pressure's on Pelinka and the Lakers to give him the supporting cast he needs.
After all, Lowe was pumped about LeBron's move to the Lakers.
"This is a historic moment for the Lakers, and we could not feel more grateful and honored", Lakers general manager Rob Pelinka said.More news: Divers go in to save all remaining Thai boys trapped in cave
James played in all 82 games last season, tallying a team-high 27.5 points (third in the NBA), acareer-high-tying 8.6 rebounds and a career-high 9.1 assists (second in the NBA) while shooting54.2 percent from the field.
"However, we know that the work is not over".
A four-time NBA MVP (2009, '10, '12, '13), James has played in 1,143 career regular season games (1,142 starts) for Cleveland and Miami, holding averages of 27.2 points, 7.4 rebounds, 7.2 assists and 1.6 steals per game.
James also won Olympic gold medals in 2008 at Beijing and 2012 at London. While it is no secret James and Paul George were Plan A, they will have cap space once again next year after only signing Kentavious Caldwell-Pope, Lance Stephenson, JaVale McGee, and Rajon Rondo to one-year deals.More news: Meghan Markle, Prince Harry send thank you notes after royal wedding
- Boris Johnson Quits U.K. Government in Blow to Brexit, Theresa May
- UK's Prince Louis, Kate Middleton's Son, Christened Without Queen
- Thai cave rescue sees four more boys freed
- Japan struggles in the wake of worst flooding in decades
- How have Three Lions reached the semi finals?
- Barcelona : Paulinho officially re-joins Guangzhou Evergrande
- Manchester United host Leicester in Premier League season opener - Ireland
- France keeper Lloris braces for 'complete' Belgium team
- Microsoft's Entry Level Tablet Arrives in August for $399 — Surface Go
- Haitian government suspends fuel price hike following fiery protests