Even though the top favourite teams Brazil and Argentina have both been eliminated, there is still a lot of interest remaining among everyone as to who will lift the coveted trophy in Russian Federation this time!
"The Russian team have finished their World Cup run, reaching the quarter-final, " the Russian Football Union wrote on its website. "In Qatar in four years we will do better", Cherchesov said to thousands of fans in the Fan Zone in Moscow. "And they won a place in our hearts", she said.
For many fans, the fact that Russian Federation lost only in a penalty shootout against a team widely considered to be one of the most skilled in the tournament was a victory in itself.More news: Haitian government suspends fuel price hike following fiery protests
"Until five or six years ago I was bit vain, and in a way glad that in 1998 we set the bar so high that it was hard to even contemplate, let alone jump over it".
Most importantly, they won for us, for the whole country.
It's no secret that we have some of the most passionate football fans in the world. They took photographs of themselves with the crowd and unfurled a banner saying "we play for you".More news: Mother is sole survivor of crash that killed husband, 4 daughters
The day after their hard-fought defeat at the hands of Croatia in the quarterfinals of the World Cup the team visited the Fifa Fan Fest in Moscow to personally thank the fans for their unbelievable support throughout the tournament.
"Dear friends. I want to say two phrases: we are happy to have you by our side".More news: England makes final four for 1st time since '90
- Microsoft's Entry Level Tablet Arrives in August for $399 — Surface Go
- George Clooney reported hurt in motorcycle crash in Italy
- Kieran Trippier pays tribute to England fans
- 'I'm just getting started': Serena warns Wimbledon rivals
- Gary Neville's World Cup predictions are very impressive in hindsight
- Government Will Miss Deadline To Reunify Young Children With Parents
- Barcelona : Paulinho officially re-joins Guangzhou Evergrande
- Stenhouse: "I was frustrated with myself causing crashes like that"
- Deeply disappointed over Air Indias move Taiwan
- Boris Johnson Quits U.K. Government in Blow to Brexit, Theresa May