Even though the top favourite teams Brazil and Argentina have both been eliminated, there is still a lot of interest remaining among everyone as to who will lift the coveted trophy in Russian Federation this time!
"The Russian team have finished their World Cup run, reaching the quarter-final, " the Russian Football Union wrote on its website. "In Qatar in four years we will do better", Cherchesov said to thousands of fans in the Fan Zone in Moscow. "And they won a place in our hearts", she said.
For many fans, the fact that Russian Federation lost only in a penalty shootout against a team widely considered to be one of the most skilled in the tournament was a victory in itself.More news: England makes final four for 1st time since '90
"Until five or six years ago I was bit vain, and in a way glad that in 1998 we set the bar so high that it was hard to even contemplate, let alone jump over it".
Most importantly, they won for us, for the whole country.
It's no secret that we have some of the most passionate football fans in the world. They took photographs of themselves with the crowd and unfurled a banner saying "we play for you".More news: Roger Federer cruises into Wimbledon quarter-finals
The day after their hard-fought defeat at the hands of Croatia in the quarterfinals of the World Cup the team visited the Fifa Fan Fest in Moscow to personally thank the fans for their unbelievable support throughout the tournament.
"Dear friends. I want to say two phrases: we are happy to have you by our side".More news: Stenhouse: "I was frustrated with myself causing crashes like that"
- Star of 'Borat' and 'Bruno' returns satirical gaze to US
- Gary Neville's World Cup predictions are very impressive in hindsight
- WhatsApp suggests ways to combat fake news
- Thai cave rescue sees four more boys freed
- Barcelona : Paulinho officially re-joins Guangzhou Evergrande
- Haitian government suspends fuel price hike following fiery protests
- Deeply disappointed over Air Indias move Taiwan
- Government Will Miss Deadline To Reunify Young Children With Parents
- Santorum on Kavanaugh pick: Trump 'bowed to the elite in Washington'
- Prince Harry buys 1926 first edition of Winnie-the-Pooh for Louis