The daily said the 57-year-old had been headed to a film set on Tuesday when his motorbike was hit by a vehicle.
Clooney was on the island shooting his new series Catch-22.
It's understood the superstar was taken to the emergency room at John Paul II hospital.More news: Is Modric the best midfielder in the world?
George Clooney "smashed in to a windscreen" when his scooter collided with a vehicle in Sardinia.
This is a developing story and will be updated when more information becomes available.
Mr Clooney has been in Sardinia for several weeks for filming of a six-part series based on Heller's 1961 novel about the USAAF during the Second World War.More news: Roger Federer cruises into Wimbledon quarter-finals
The couple had previously been enjoying their European trip alongside George's parents Nina and Nick Clooney, as well as Amal's mother Baria Alamuddin.
Clooney has a home with his wife, human rights lawyer Amal, on the Italian mainland, on Lake Como.
The two-time Oscar victor has hired Kyle Chandler of Friday Night Lights fame to take over the part of Col. Cathcart (played by Martin Balsam in the 1970 adaptation) originally earmarked for himself while he takes on the less demanding role of Scheisskopf.More news: England makes final four for 1st time since '90
The drama - which Clooney is both directing and acting in - also stars Hugh Laurie, and is scheduled to be shown on TV next year.
- Deeply disappointed over Air Indias move Taiwan
- Prince Harry buys 1926 first edition of Winnie-the-Pooh for Louis
- Wimbledon 2018: Clinical Novak Djokovic keen to take Centre stage
- IOS 11.4.1 brings USB Restricted Mode but it has a bug
- 'Miracle': Montana Authorities Find Abandoned Infant Alive Who Was Buried
- Stenhouse: "I was frustrated with myself causing crashes like that"
- Gary Neville's World Cup predictions are very impressive in hindsight
- WhatsApp suggests ways to combat fake news
- Government Will Miss Deadline To Reunify Young Children With Parents
- Kieran Trippier pays tribute to England fans