George Clooney has been hospitalised after crashing his bike in Sardinia, Italy, according to reports. The accident occurred near Costa Corallina, in the province of Olbia.
Immediately after the crash, Clooney was transported to a nearby hospital.
The Ocean's Eleven star - who recently attended Prince William and Meghan Markle 's royal wedding - was then taken to John Paul II hospital in Olbia, where his wife, Amal Clooney, rushed to be by his side.More news: UK's May names new foreign secretary
The 57-year-old has been taken to hospital but is understood not to be seriously injured.
Fans were quick to express their relief that the dad-of-two was doing well after the accident, with one tweeting: "I saw George Clooney trending and nearly had a heart attack".
Italian newspaper La Nuova Sardegna tweeted a photo of the purported accident site.More news: Nadal back in Wimbledon quarters after 7 years
Clooney is now filming his new TV series "Catch 22" on the island, which also features Hugh Laurie and Austin Stowell ("Whiplash").
In pictures from the crash, obtained by the MailOnline, the vehicle involved in the crash appears to have a smashed windscreen, suggesting George may even have hit it during the crash. More information is to follow.
Sardinia is a large Italian island in the Mediterranean Sea and is over 500 miles from Clooney's villa in Lake Como.More news: Nebraska groups react to Pruitt's resignation
- Japan struggles in the wake of worst flooding in decades
- George Clooney reportedly hurt in motorcycle crash in Italy
- Arsenal complete move for Sampdoria midfielder Lucas Torreira
- U.K. Foreign Secretary Boris Johnson Resigns Over Brexit
- Croatia fear England's Sterling in semi
- George Clooney injured in bike crash
- Manchester United host Leicester in Premier League season opener - Ireland
- China: Liu Xia free and on her way to Germany
- Bookstore Owner Calls Police On Woman Accosting Steve Bannon
- It’s official: Lakers announce LeBron James has signed