Hollywood legend George Clooney sustained minor injuries after being involved in an accident while riding a motorized scooter in Sardinia, Italy on Tuesday morning, according to local media. The BBC reported the crash took place as Clooney was leaving his hotel in Costa Corallina, a beachside town in northern Sardinia.
Actor George Clooney attends "The Men Who Stare At Goats" premiere at the Sala Grande during the 66th Venice Film Festival on September 8, 2009 in Venice, Italy.More news: Raptors 'generated buzz' in potential trade for Kawhi Leonard
In pictures from the crash, obtained by the MailOnline, the auto involved in the crash appears to have a smashed windscreen, suggesting George may even have hit it during the crash.
The 57-year-old actor, who is now filming a TV series on the Italian island, was understood to be driving to set when the incident occurred.More news: China: Liu Xia free and on her way to Germany
"Italian news agency ANSA and local newspapers report the star was taken by ambulance to the A&E of the John Paul II hospital in Olbia", the BBC reported.
The couple have also been joined by George's parents, Nina and Nick Clooney, and Amal's mother Baria Alamuddin.More news: Trump Nominates Kavanaugh to Supreme Court
Clooney has a home on the Italian mainland, on Lake Como.
- Rescued Thai boys have been given chocolate and TVs
- West Ham signs Wilshere from Arsenal
- Prince Harry and Meghan Markle attend Prince Louis' christening
- Pick your England XI for Croatia semi-final
- Divers go in to save all remaining Thai boys trapped in cave
- Kate Middleton and Archbishop of Canterbury joke about sleeping Louis
- OR fugitive charged for burying baby alive near Missoula
- Carmelo Anthony to Rockets? Juicy Summer League sighting blows race wide open
- Boris Johnson Quits U.K. Government in Blow to Brexit, Theresa May
- Duchess of Sussex in Ralph Lauren for Prince Louis's christening