FRIENDS of William Dunlop, who died following a motorcycle crash, have remembered him as "a lovely fella on and off the bike". Medical crews rushed to the scene and Dunlop was pronounced dead shortly after.
He had due to become a father for the second time later this year with partner Janine Brolly.
Members of motorcycle racing community have been left devastated and flowers have been laid at the Dunlop memorial garden in Ballymoney. Soon after, William also walked away at the last minute from the recent Isle of Man TT, expressing a desire to spend more time at home.
Motorcycle legend William Dunlop has been killed after a tragic accident in in Co Dublin.More news: Commonly prescribed heart drug is recalled in 22 countries
"Everyone's thoughts are with the family".
"Life's pretty shit sometimes. feel on top of the world one minute".
It's with great sadness we've learned that William Dunlop has passed away.
The race weekend attracts thousands of spectators to the area each year. Joey holds the record for the most Isle of Man TT wins with 26, while William's brother Michael has registered 18 wins at the event over the Mountain...More news: History beckons as France take on Belgium
"A man in his 30s was fatally injured in a crash", a garda spokesman has confirmed.
"William's machine seemed to have suffered some sort of major failure and oil sprayed everywhere", he said.
On Sunday the Skerries 100 race went ahead after the Loughshinny Motorcycle Supporters Club said they had received the blessing of Dunlop's family.
"It is devastating news that William has also lost his life so tragically and my thoughts and prayers and those of the people of this Council area, are with the Dunlop family at this very hard and sad time".More news: Gonzalo Higuain's agent confirms forward is not in talks to leave Juventus
- Trump Pardons 2 Ranchers in Case That Inspired Wildlife Refuge Occupation
- Belgium Team vs France, Predicted XI
- Trump's Latest Affordable Care Act Move Adds to Insurers' Uncertainty
- Chelsea transfer deal on verge of completion, player agrees personal terms
- French report: Cockpit fire likely caused EgyptAir crash
- Ronaldo signs for Juventus from Real Madrid
- Green Day's 'American Idiot' climbs United Kingdom charts ahead of Trump visit
- Trump has chosen his Supreme Court nominee, source says
- Suspects Pummel 92-Year-Old Man with Brick in Southern Los Angeles
- Brazil star Neymar urge PSG to sign Suarez from Barcelona this summer