The reigning Ballon d'Or victor is set to end his nine-year spell at Real Madrid with a move to Turin following a rift with club president Florentino Perez over a new contract.
Cristiano Ronaldo's potential arrival at Juventus overshadowed Emre Can's first news conference at the Bianconeri as the new signing was immediately asked about the five-time Ballon d'Or victor.
Ronaldo won 15 titles with Ramos at Real Madrid.More news: Raptors 'generated buzz' in potential trade for Kawhi Leonard
Ronaldo joined Real from Manchester United in 2009 for a then-world record fee of £80 million ($106M) and was given a €1 billion buy-out clause.
Ronaldo enjoyed a trophy-laden spell in Madrid, scoring 451 goals in 438 games for the Spanish giants, making him the all-time leading scorer with the club.
Juventus are desperate for European success, and Ronaldo's legacy would receive a major boost if he could win domestic silverware in Italy and end the club's barren run in the Champions League. Ronaldo has signed a four-year contract with the Serie A champions and will face the media on Saturday before being formally presented as a Juventus player. It's simple. I thank Juve, because if after Manchester I continued to win and to run, it was thanks to Juve.More news: Arsenal complete move for Sampdoria midfielder Lucas Torreira
"I only have feelings of enormous gratitude for this club, for this sport and for this city".
"I ask everyone, and especially our supporters, to please understand me".
In an open letter, Ronaldo thanked the Madrid club and its fans for "nine wonderful years." . On an individual basis, with the Real Madrid jersey he has won 4 Golden Balls, 2 The Best FIFA awards, and 3 Golden Boots, among many other awards. But he has also publicly expressed his discontentment about being jeered at times by some Madrid fans at the Santiago Bernabeu Stadium. During this incredible nine years I have played against incredible players.More news: Rescued Thai boys have been given chocolate and TVs
- George Clooney Injured in Italy Car Crash
- Netflix Debuts "Smart Download" Feature As Boost For Binges
- U.K. Foreign Secretary Boris Johnson Resigns Over Brexit
- Suspects Pummel 92-Year-Old Man with Brick in Southern Los Angeles
- Prince Louis' Godparents Revealed Ahead of Today's Christening
- YouTube spends $25 million to fight fake news
- Nebraska groups react to Pruitt's resignation
- Croatia fear England's Sterling in semi
- French report: Cockpit fire likely caused EgyptAir crash
- History beckons as France take on Belgium