Veteran Italian goalkeeper Gianluigi Buffon has joined Paris Saint-Germain on a one-year deal, the French Ligue 1 champions announced on Friday.
Former manager Lippi claims that the veteran shot-stopper should have hung his gloves up as a Juventus player, and although Buffon will continue playing first team football next season, the 70-year-old believes his worldwide career is over.
"He advised me to come here, saying 'Gigi they need a player like you in Paris and you'll feel very good in their dressing room.' It's something I listened to. Thanks for all this", he said in French.More news: Trump's Latest Affordable Care Act Move Adds to Insurers' Uncertainty
Now the former Italian worldwide is said to be on the verge of signing a one-year contract at PSG with an option for a second season.
"I've stopped making these calculations because when I was 30 I thought I had two or three more years, then when I got to 34 I thought I had one or two years maximum, then I got to 37, 38 and now I'm 40", said Buffon. "They have some extraordinarily talented players and an extraordinary coach". I was surprised that the club was unable to progress as it wanted to, but it takes time to evolve as hoped.
"His arrival reaffirms our will to always go higher, an ambition that we intend to pursue with a determination just as strong".More news: YouTube spends $25 million to fight fake news
"Neymar can come back here with competitive anger and a desire for revenge after the disappointment in Russian Federation. A champion like Neymar will know to channel the disappointment to return with more will than ever". I spent 10 years at Parma and 17 at Juventus and created a comfort zone and that doesn't motivate me.
"Nobody promised me the number one shirt. I like competition and a challenge". "When that's the case, I'll stop". "I'm sure he'd make himself available to help the goalkeepers coming through, but he's made this choice and he'll respect it".More news: Gonzalo Higuain's agent confirms forward is not in talks to leave Juventus
- Suspects Pummel 92-Year-Old Man with Brick in Southern Los Angeles
- Brazil star Neymar urge PSG to sign Suarez from Barcelona this summer
- Trump Pardons 2 Ranchers in Case That Inspired Wildlife Refuge Occupation
- History beckons as France take on Belgium
- Manchester United sign American youngster Will Vint
- Dissident Liu Xiaobo's widow 'allowed to leave China'
- Croatia fear England's Sterling in semi
- Chelsea transfer deal on verge of completion, player agrees personal terms
- Arsenal complete move for Sampdoria midfielder Lucas Torreira
- Gazza's message for Southgate and his England squad