Cooke reportedly said he told the woman she had to leave.
Nick Cooke, the owner of Black Swan Books, said the woman left the store after the phone call.
The owner of the store called the cops, but the woman left before police arrived. She did so only after he called police.More news: Kieran Trippier pays tribute to England fans
The Hill reported that the Richmond Police Department confirmed the call was made but the call was canceled before officers responded.
Bannon was appointed to the Trump cabinet past year on Inauguration Day, and he left office on August 18, 2017, just days after the deadly neo-Nazi attack in Charlottesville, Va.
In any case, the jolt of incivility likely came as a shock to Bannon, who is recently back from the refined salons of Europe, where he spent several weeks rubbing elbows with some of his favorite quasi-fascists.More news: WhatsApp suggests ways to combat fake news
Since leaving the White House last August, he has focussed on rallying support for other populist political challengers in the US and more recently in Europe.
Stephen Miller, the senior White House adviser known to advocate President Donald Trump's hardline immigration policies, was called a fascist to his face at another restaurant in Washington. "Bookshops are all about ideas and tolerating different opinions".
The encounter comes after a number of Trump officials have been the subject of controversial public interactions, including former Environmental Protection Agency Administrator Scott Pruitt, White House Press Secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders and Homeland Security Secretary Kirstjen Nielsen.More news: Kate Middleton and Archbishop of Canterbury joke about sleeping Louis
- Government Will Miss Deadline To Reunify Young Children With Parents
- Divers go in to save all remaining Thai boys trapped in cave
- Star of 'Borat' and 'Bruno' returns satirical gaze to US
- Is Modric the best midfielder in the world?
- France keeper Lloris braces for 'complete' Belgium team
- UK's Prince Louis, Kate Middleton's Son, Christened Without Queen
- Japan struggles in the wake of worst flooding in decades
- 'I'm just getting started': Serena warns Wimbledon rivals
- IPhone Is Most Common 'Status Symbol' of Wealth
- Deeply disappointed over Air Indias move Taiwan