Torres scored 10 goals in his final season at Atletico, including netting twice against Eibar in his final ever La Liga appearance .
According to reports, Torres also had offers to sign for Australian side Sydney FC and Major League Soccer club Chicago Fire.
But the prolific marksman has rejected the opportunity to continue plying his trade on European soil and made a decision to cut his teeth in the Japan Professional Football League with relegation strugglers Sagan Tosu.More news: Brazil star Neymar urge PSG to sign Suarez from Barcelona this summer
Torres was also heavily linked with a move to the United States or China.
This morning, Torres confirmed that his new team will be Sagan Tosu in Japan.
"El Nino" ended a second spell with his beloved Atletico Madrid in the most ideal way by lifting his first meaningful trophy with the club and has now joined his former Spain teammate Andres Iniesta in making the move to Japan.
"We have had offers from every continent".More news: Prince Louis' Godparents Revealed Ahead of Today's Christening
"Sagan Tosu were one of the first clubs to be interested in me, they have convinced me with the project".
"I wanted a new challenge in a completely different place".
The striker, known affectionately to his fans as "El Nino", recently finished his time with Atletico on a high as they won the Europa League and he is no stranger to success, having won the UEFA Champions League with Chelsea, as well as the 2010 World Cup and two European Championships in his 12 years representing Spain.More news: Trump Still Distorting NATO Spending
- Cristiano Ronaldo: Juventus set to sign Real Madrid forward
- OnePlus 6 256GB Midnight Black now available in India
- History beckons as France take on Belgium
- Gonzalo Higuain's agent confirms forward is not in talks to leave Juventus
- Pick your England XI for Croatia semi-final
- French report: Cockpit fire likely caused EgyptAir crash
- Manchester United sign American youngster Will Vint
- U.K. Foreign Secretary Boris Johnson Resigns Over Brexit
- Raptors 'generated buzz' in potential trade for Kawhi Leonard
- Pixel 2 XL, Home, & Chromecast, including $150 off Home Max pair