Neither actor has suddenly become vain and chose to add a lot of visual effects make-up for the movie, the trickery is instead because they're playing Nick Fury and Agent Phil Coulson in the 1990s, when Captain Marvel is set.
Larson, an Academy Award-winning actress who will be Marvel's first female lead superhero, posted the picture that included a clapperboard and a calendar in the background. The other days are covered with a Captain Marvel clapperboard signed by cast and crew. The 6th was marked as the 'last day and the 7th 'home'.More news: Turkey's Erdogan appoints son-in-law as finance minister
Set in the 1990s, the film is an all-new adventure from a previously unseen period in the history of the Marvel Cinematic Universe.More news: UK: Dawn Sturgess dies after exposure to nerve agent Novichok
The film follows Danvers (Larson) "as she becomes one of the universe's most powerful heroes when Earth is caught in the middle of a galactic war between two alien races".
Anna Boden and Ryan Fleck directed Captain Marvel from a script from a writing team that included Boden and Fleck as well as Meg LeFauve, Nicole Perlman, Geneva Robertson-Dworet, Liz Flahive, and Carly Mensch. In addition to Oscar-winner Larson, the film stars Samuel L. Jackson, Jude Law, and Ben Mendelsohn.More news: Johnny Depp Sued For Allegedly Assaulting City Of Lies Crew Member
Having been teased in the Avengers Infinity War end credits sequence, Marvel fans are keen to find out how she will be of help in Avengers 4.
- 1st ODI, ICC Women's Championship at Leeds, Jul 7 2018
- Three Lions Is Official Vodafone Big Top 40 Number 1
- Leaders of bitter foes Ethiopia, Eritrea meet for historic peace talks
- Windsor's unemployment rate slightly below national average in June
- Ohio Abuse Scandal Spurs Blaming of the "Deep State"
- Donald Trump still pondering Supreme Court pick as big reveal nears
- J.B. Smoove Joins Spider-Man: Far From Home Cast
- USA puts fierce squeeze on breastfeeding policy, shocking health officials
- An Iranian teenager was detained for posting dance videos on Instagram
- UK Government in crisis as Foreign Secretary Boris Johnson quits