But on Friday, State TV broadcast a video of the teen, crying and shaking, with her face blurred as she appeared to confess to breaking moral norms - while insisting that she was just trying to gain more followers. I did not have any intention to encourage others doing the same I didn't work with a team, I received no training. She posts videos of dancing at home without her hijab. In several videos, she chose to appear without wearing the obligatory headscarf. Sharing her own dancing clip, @Marun_1 said:"usually I don't share pictures and videos but today is an important day". "I only do gymnastics".More news: Orange Is the New Black Season 6 Trailer
In Iran, women are required to cover their hair while out in public, and dancing with the opposite sex is prohibited unless it is in front of immediate family members, according to the BBC. "People would laugh at you if you tell anyone in the world that [in Iran] they arrest 17-year-olds and 18-year-olds for dancing, being happy and being attractive, for spreading indecency, and instead pedophiles are free", a blogger tells the Guardian.More news: Nick Kyrgios reflects on his Wimbledon win over Robin Haase
One person commented: "Awesome excellent dancer. We praise and admire her as a leader to let our voices for freedom to be heard".
In April, an official of the Islamic guidance department was arrested after a video showing a group of young men and women clapping and dancing during a concert at a shopping mall in Masshad.
Other social media activists went to remind the world of the the double standard of the Iranian government, that leaves an Iranian man who is accused of rape and seeking to arrest a young teenager for dancing, even though both are violating rules! Their sentence - one year in prison and 91 lashes - was later suspended.More news: Next stop Moscow for England fans in a camper van
- Donald Trump still pondering Supreme Court pick as big reveal nears
- UK: Dawn Sturgess dies after exposure to nerve agent Novichok
- Rafael Nadal reaches quarter-finals of Wimbledon
- USA puts fierce squeeze on breastfeeding policy, shocking health officials
- Three Lions Is Official Vodafone Big Top 40 Number 1
- Movie producer Weinstein pleads not guilty to new sex assault charge
- How to get tickets to Global Citizen Festival
- Turkey's Erdogan appoints son-in-law as finance minister
- Harry Kane Odds on for the Golden Boot
- Trump Making Supreme Court Pick to Cement Conservative Majority