On average, the third storm forms August 13, said Phil Klotzbach, a tropical weather researcher at Colorado State University and Capital Weather Gang contributor.
Tropical Storm Chris, which continues to linger off the North Carolina coast, is expected to become a hurricane on Monday.
Chris, now churning offshore, is expected remain just off the coast of North Carolina for a few days before turning north and east and heading away from the USA coastline by Wednesday.
The National Hurricane Center in Miami said Sunday that the storm was likely to strengthen.More news: India beat England, Sachin hails Rohit for 'clean hitting'
A Category 1 hurricane has wind speeds from 74 miles per hour to 95 miles per hour, according to the Saffir-Simpson hurricane wind scale (SSHS).
They've issued a statement for all of Nova Scotia and parts of P.E.I. and New Brunswick.
There was high threat of unsafe rip currents north of Cape Lookout, according to the National Weather Service's Newport/Morehead City office.
"There may be a few rain bands along the Outer Banks and some rough surf", said Gardner.
At noon today, Chris was 594 miles west of Bermuda, with winds of about 46mph and higher gusts.More news: Somerset drunk gulls found 'stinking of alcohol'
A separate system, Tropical Storm Chris, lingered off the Atlantic Coast on Sunday and is expected to remain in place for several days, according to forecasters.
A flash flood watch will be in effect for Monday.
"Swells generated by Chris are expected to increase and affect portions of the coasts of North Carolina and the mid-Atlantic states into early next week", the NHC says.
At 11 a.m. EDT on Sunday, the storm's center was located about 160 miles south of Cape Hatteras, North Carolina with maximum sustained winds around 45 mph.
However, Beryl may not be over and done with.More news: David Davis quits as Brexit Secretary leaving Theresa May facing a crisis
Forecasters said conditions could become a bit more favorable for the storm to regenerate later this week.
- Spain manager odds: Roberto Martinez and Luis Enrique among favourites
- NATO Ambassador Kay Bailey Hutchison: Trump to "encourage" Putin to change behavior
- Ferrari says British Grand Prix was 'good for Formula 1'
- Tropical Storm Chris Forecast to Become a Hurricane Early This Week
- The British Royal Family's christening traditions - 9Honey
- Gal Gadot Visits Children’s Hospital in Full Wonder Woman Costume
- Britain's Brexit Secretary David Davis quits, Europe News & Top Stories
- Croatia end World Cup run of hosts Russian Federation on penalties in quarters
- Conservatives finally realize prison is bad thanks to Paul Manafort
- Can you guess which designer Meghan Markle has worn the most?