How the seagulls got drunk is unknown, but one theory suggests they could have got stuck into some alcohol that was left on a beach.
Clara Sully, animal collection officer, said: "These birds were clearly wearing their beer gog-gulls when they scavenged their meal for the day and they've really been suffering with hangovers after a gulls' night out".More news: Here's What The "Avengers: Infinity War" Blu-Ray Release Will Feature
Other sources report that the seagulls' freakish behaviour could be nothing to do with alcohol, but instead the consumption of flying ants which produce formic acid, a substance that "stupefies" the birds.
The way so many gulls are getting inebriated, some even dying from their excesses, has today seen the RSPCA urging the drinks industry to ensure it disposes of brewery waste well away from wildlife. RSPCA have had dozens of such cases from the south coast.
The theory that they are scavenging alcohol on beaches came after firefighters had to rescue a drunk gull which had fallen off a roof in Lyme Regis, Dorset.More news: Cormier flattens UFC heavyweight Miocic
"The birds appear disoriented and confused and struggle to stand", he said.
The charity described the effect on the birds as similar to how a human would react to excessive alcohol. "The birds absolutely stink of alcohol when we collect them, so now our vans smell like pubs". Can be greedy gulls feeding on waste grain from the brewery in this district.
Anyone with concerns for the welfare of a bird or animal can contact the RSPCA's 24-hour helpline on 0300 1234 999 for advice or to request assistance.More news: The British Royal Family's christening traditions - 9Honey
- UK Brexit Secretary quits in major blow to Theresa May
- Ten killed, dozens injured in Turkey train derailment
- Trump’s Mar-a-Lago resort files request to hire 61 foreign workers
- Conservatives finally realize prison is bad thanks to Paul Manafort
- Netflix is testing some new plans. Here's what they do
- Game Of Thrones Final Season: Did Maisie Williams Just Spoil Arya's Fate?
- ZTE replaces entire executive team to comply with technology ban deal
- England football fans celebrate in the streets after victory over Sweden
- India beat England, Sachin hails Rohit for 'clean hitting'
- Tiger Woods, Phil Mickelson reportedly plotting $10m winner-take-all match