One version will offer four Ultra HD streams and drop the existing Premium plan (priced at $13.99 per month) down to two UHD streams.
Netflix has gone through a number of pricing changes over the past few years, as the popularity of the streaming service increased with audiences. Netflix has confirmed the Ultra tests, but noted that only select customers will see the additional option.
The purported new Ultra subscription would cost $17 per month, up from the $14 per month that the current Premium plan offers, but knocks HDR away from Premium and leaves it to Ultra.More news: Pokemon GO Increases Pokemon Storage Limit
Cnet reports after a Netflix spokesperson clarified that all of it may just for getting to know how well the users value Netflix. The "Ultra" streaming plan will test the waters to see if audiences are willing to pay more for content in an HDR format, or to have access to four Ultra HD streams. The new tier will offer the same quality and features as Netflix's Premium tier which, at $13.99, was the highest tier available. The new plan would cost roughly $16.99 per month and it's now being tested in two different versions.
Netflix is also planning and testing various versions of plans that could get the HDR videos on the Ultra pack, so that it could stand different and higher above the current premium plan.
HDR basically shows your picture in more dynamic colours and contrast.More news: Angry Man Curses & Hurls Drink At Trump Supporter Eating In Whataburger
"This is now only a test, and Netflix might decide not to bother with it as a consumer product".
Before, Netflix was going on about with its three-tier subscription that included the Basic, Standard and the Premium. The Standard priced at $10.99 offers its users the Netflix experience at 2 screens at a time with only normal HD facilities.
But more likely there will be many homes wanting the stream on up to four devices and need to move up to the Ultra plan for that alone.More news: Wimbledon 2018: Simona Halep loses to Hsieh Su-wei in third round
- Salah and Mane to be on Liverpool's American tour Klopp confirms
- Concerned England fans make the same joke about the referee against Sweden
- Daniel Cormier Predicted Exactly How He Would KO Stipe Miocic
- 'D-Day': risky mission underway to save Thai boys trapped in cave
- Bethesda: service-based games like Fallout 76 don’t mark the future
- Is Justin Bieber engaged to Hailey Baldwin?
- Thunder, Carmelo Anthony Will Work Together On Exit
- Canada's Trade Deficit Widened in May
- England football fans celebrate in the streets after victory over Sweden
- 'I'm walking': Heartwarming moment girl, 4, with cerebral palsy takes first steps