Well, you can scratch part of that rumor. A follow-up report in May said that Samsung was planning the Galaxy X announcement for next year's Mobile World Congress in February, with the Galaxy S10 to be unveiled a month earlier in January at CES 2019.
South Korean tech giant Samsung Electronics estimated on Friday earnings grew at the slowest pace in more than a year in the second quarter, as analysts said weak smartphone sales likely offset record high chip earnings.More news: Free shirt replacements for Arsenal fans as Ozil moves to number 10
Samsung's share price is down 2.4 percent at the time of writing, suggesting that investors haven't taken the news too well. The only drawback is the new wide-angle camera is now planned on all Beyond models without autofocus and without OIS. Therefore, the phone will not have a Fingerprint On Display (FOD) fingerprint sensor like its bigger siblings. However, a notable leaker claims that it's actually the other way around.
The company is slated to begin a pilot manufacturing run of flexible OLED screens; Korean outlet ET News reports that these could be incorporated into what's being called the Galaxy X phone, which will go into production next year.More news: Baidu unveils AI chip for self-driving autos in Japan
Rumours of the existence of a foldable Samsung Galaxy phone have been doing the rounds for a while now but it was unsure where it would fit in the whole Samsung line. Thanks to the Huawei P20 Pro, the benefits that can be achieved by having three cameras on a smartphone have been made clear (though Huawei also uses AI algorithms to further improve photos), and Samsung is said to be working on a competing setup for the Galaxy S10 camera. We're sure that decision has nothing to do with news that Apple plans to launch three new iPhone models later this summer, including a new entry-level model.More news: Colombia petition demanding England rematch signed by more than 275,000
- Ariana Grande defends fiancé over Manchester bomb joke
- Chris Brown's been arrested
- Kyle Larson: Runner-up Finish at Chicago
- Nawaz Sharif sentenced to 10 years in jail
- 'Fanney Khan' trailer to be out on Friday
- Tesla Model 3 Ready To Take Over Europe
- Turkey condemns Israel's demolition of Bedouin village in West Bank
- Federer, Serena in Wimbledon masterclass as Wozniacki crashes
- Nauru criticized for banning Australian state broadcaster
- Missionaries of Charity employee arrested for ‘selling’ baby in Ranchi