Joey "Jaws" Chestnut beat his own record and ate 74 hot dogs in 10 minutes at the Nathan's Hot Dog Eating Contest in Coney Island. Chestnut is the sport's all-time record holder, as he consumed 73.5 hot dogs in the 2016 event, and he came close to that past year when he downed 72 hot dogs (with buns) in 10 minutes.
Chestnut, who made his debut at Coney Island in 2005, has won every Fourth of July hot dog eating contest at Nathan's Famous since 2007 with the exception of 2015, when he was upset by Matt Stonie.
Joey Chestnut walked away as the victor of this year's "Nathan's Famous July Fourth Hot Dog Eating Contest".More news: Past champs Sharapova, Kvitova beaten at Wimbledon
"In ten minutes, the world's top competitive eaters get to try to consume as many hot dogs as possible". In the 2012 competition, she ate 45 hot dogs.
This afternoon in New York, Joey Chesnutt was once again crowned the victor of the Nathan's Famous International Hot Dog Eating Contest.
Aside from receiving a trophy, a bejeweled championship belt and worldwide recognition for their gift of gluttony, there is a cash prize for contestants at the Nathan's Hot Dog Eating Contest. The men's portion of the event begins at 12:00 PM Eastern and can also be streamed via the WatchESPN app if you don't happen to be around a TV. Eating's elite gather each year to see how many hot dogs they can stomach in 10 minutes.More news: 'Trump baby' blimp to fly in London during U.S. president's visit
Sudo was a fan favorite, drawing big cheers from the crowd during her performance, which was slightly delayed after she requested new water to soak her buns.
The 2018 Nathan's Famous Fourth of July International Hot Dog Eating Contest will take place from 11 a.m. EST to 1 p.m. on Wednesday, July 4. Thomas, who won this event three years in a row from 2011 to 2013, is a +300 underdog to knock off Sudo in head-to-head wagering. Not only was a world record set, but the betting community was flipped on its head.More news: Has the 'Avengers 4' title been revealed?
- Willian Dodges Chelsea Exit Talk Amid Barcelona, Manchester United Rumours
- Major Chinese banks ditching United States dollar to prop up domestic currency
- Tropical depression has formed in Atlantic Ocean: National Hurricane Center
- LeBron James trades The Land for LA LA Land: Crowquill
- Longest lunar eclipse of the century happening in July
- Pompeo speaks with Russian FM on Trump-Putin meeting
- HPV test better at detecting cancer than a Pap smear
- Claire Underwood Takes Centre Stage In Ominous New 'House Of Cards' Promo
- Man United Sign Lee Grant From Stoke City
- Android apps secretly record smartphone screens