Amazingly, it's been almost 10 years since Dodge first introduced the retro-styled Challenger, and heading into the 2019 model year, the auto doesn't look terribly different than it did back then. That slightly demonic SRT Hellcat Redeye will start at $69,650 with a $1,700 gas guzzler tax.
The most terrifying statistic about the vehicle might just be the fuel consumption. But no matter, because thanks to the modifications it has received the Hellcat Redeye produces 797hp and 707lb ft of torque - see what they did there - enough to propel it to 60mph in 3.4 seconds and on to 203mph, two tenths and four miles per hour quicker than the standard auto.More news: Russian Federation beats Spain to enter QF
The Dodge Challenger SRT Demon may be officially out of production, but the 2019 Hellcat Redeye should be more than enough to satisfy most buyers.
The penultimate Challenger trim is the SRT Hellcat, which relies on the same supercharged 6.2-liter V8 as before, but power is now up to 717-horsepower from 707.More news: German political crisis: Angela Merkel is the great survivor once more
Now that the fun stuff is out of the way, let's start at the beginning. The SXT RWD starts at $27,295 with the SXT AWD starting at $30,295. The auto can also be equipped with all-wheel drive for an additional $3,000. The package also adds cloth Houndstooth seats, steering wheel mounted paddle shifters (on automatic models) and 20-inch Granite Crystal painted wheels. The model comes standard with a Super Track Pak which includes a performance suspension, a sportier hood and a front splitter. The GT is powered by the aforementioned V6 engine and all-wheel drive is optional. The asterisk: the Redeye needs the same $1,345 destination charge and $1,700 gas guzzler tax as the 2018 Demon, so the difference still holds once you get the Redeye off the dealer lot. In fact, Dodge says the new Redeye is the quickest, most powerful muscle vehicle you can buy right now.More news: Tina Turner's Oldest Son Dead at 59 from Self-Inflicted Gunshot
- Is Donald Trump on a relentless quest to corner Iran?
- Bear recorded relaxing in hot tub, drinking margarita
- One-on-one meeting with Trump 'absolutely suits' Putin
- Moog Post Appeal To Save Jobs After 25% Trade Tariff Announced
- England and Colombia World Cup last-16 match goes to extra
- Pompeo to head to North Korea as doubts mount about its intentions
- India asks WhatsApp to curb spread of false messages
- Yet ANOTHER Study Suggests Daily Coffee Could Help You Live Longer
- 'That's life' says Iniesta after farewell ends in defeat
- Tom Curran ruled out of England's white-ball matches against India