Amazingly, it's been almost 10 years since Dodge first introduced the retro-styled Challenger, and heading into the 2019 model year, the auto doesn't look terribly different than it did back then. That slightly demonic SRT Hellcat Redeye will start at $69,650 with a $1,700 gas guzzler tax.
The most terrifying statistic about the vehicle might just be the fuel consumption. But no matter, because thanks to the modifications it has received the Hellcat Redeye produces 797hp and 707lb ft of torque - see what they did there - enough to propel it to 60mph in 3.4 seconds and on to 203mph, two tenths and four miles per hour quicker than the standard auto.More news: Pompeo to head to North Korea as doubts mount over denuclearization
The Dodge Challenger SRT Demon may be officially out of production, but the 2019 Hellcat Redeye should be more than enough to satisfy most buyers.
The penultimate Challenger trim is the SRT Hellcat, which relies on the same supercharged 6.2-liter V8 as before, but power is now up to 717-horsepower from 707.More news: Matt Damon, John Krasinski team up for disgraced billionaire Marc Rich biopic
Now that the fun stuff is out of the way, let's start at the beginning. The SXT RWD starts at $27,295 with the SXT AWD starting at $30,295. The auto can also be equipped with all-wheel drive for an additional $3,000. The package also adds cloth Houndstooth seats, steering wheel mounted paddle shifters (on automatic models) and 20-inch Granite Crystal painted wheels. The model comes standard with a Super Track Pak which includes a performance suspension, a sportier hood and a front splitter. The GT is powered by the aforementioned V6 engine and all-wheel drive is optional. The asterisk: the Redeye needs the same $1,345 destination charge and $1,700 gas guzzler tax as the 2018 Demon, so the difference still holds once you get the Redeye off the dealer lot. In fact, Dodge says the new Redeye is the quickest, most powerful muscle vehicle you can buy right now.More news: Juventus 'begin talks for Cristiano Ronaldo'
- Colombia ambassador ‘sad’ over Sun headline ahead of England World Cup clash
- Yet ANOTHER Study Suggests Daily Coffee Could Help You Live Longer
- Katharine McPhee and David Foster engaged
- Canada Imposes Retaliatory Tariffs on US Goods
- Cheryl Cole rubbishes rumours around what caused her split with Liam Payne
- Is Donald Trump on a relentless quest to corner Iran?
- Trump Administration Calls on Colleges to End Affirmative Action
- Tina Turner's Oldest Son Dead at 59 from Self-Inflicted Gunshot
- Russian Federation beats Spain to enter QF
- India asks WhatsApp to curb spread of false messages