They previously connected the illnesses with romaine lettuce grown in Yuma, Arizona, which supplies most of the romaine sold in the US during the winter, the Associated Press reported.More news: French robber Redoine Faïd 'breaks free from jail' in dramatic helicopter escape
A recent deadly e-coli outbreak was linked to romaine lettuce keeping people from being able to enjoy the vegetable when it was pulled out of produce aisles and temporarily off restaurant menus.
This was the largest E. coli food poisoning outbreak in the U.S.in more than a decade.
Although the government did not issue a recall, health officials were advising people to avoid eating romaine lettuce. Single deaths were reported from Arkansas, California and NY, and two people died in Minnesota. Two hundred people got sick and five died in the recent outbreak - two in Minnesota and one each in Arkansas, California, and NY.More news: Thai Navy SEAL rescuers clear hurdle in cave search for missing boys
Yuma-sourced romaine is no longer in the marketplace.
Alarm over the outbreak was relaxed somewhat in late May, after regulators confirmed that the harvesting season for romaine in Yuma had passed, and that the main US source for romaine had shifted to California's Salinas Valley. Many of those hospitalized developed a type of kidney failure called hemolytic uremic syndrome, according to the CDC. It is also unclear how the pathogen contaminated the canal water. It's believed that cattle contaminated a nearby stream, and wild pigs spread the contamination to fields, the AP reported.
None of the people who received the vaccine became ill, according to the Congolese health ministry, The Times reported. Other kinds of E. coli cause urinary tract infections, respiratory illness and pneumonia.More news: Amazon’s own delivery vans to hit the street
This outbreak was discovered on April 4, 2018, when the FDA learned about an E. coli O157:H7 cluster among people in two states.
- Immigration protests: Thousands rally to condemn Trump policies
- Carnival Cruise Ship Rescues Overboard Norwegian Crew Member
- 76ers are butting in on LeBron James sweepstakes
- Shutout seals title for Beavers
- Denmark - World Cup - 1 July 2018
- ATP Eastbourne: Edmund overpowers Murray. Wins for Shapovalov and Zverev
- Italian politician TEARS into EU's migration agreement
- Ricciardo - I should have raised concerns over qualifying strategy earlier
- French teenager's brilliant World Cup charity gesture revealed
- Hot, humid weekend with temperatures reaching near 100