It turns out they missed a big detail - an ovarian cyst that had grown to the size of a watermelon.
"I had been trying to lose weight for about a year, but I was gaining weight", Rahn told WSFA-TV.More news: 'Floating Brain' Headed to ISS on SpaceX Cargo Run
"We went to dinner and someone asked me if I was having twins walking out", said Rahn.
Last month, when the pain became too overwhelming the 30-year-old's mom took her to the emergency room at Jackson Hospital in Montgomery, Alabama. (23 kilograms) mass on one of her ovaries.
Doctors removed a 50-pound cyst from a woman's ovary after mysterious symptoms interfered with her daily life and led strangers to believe she was pregnant.More news: Lipstick Democratic Socialist Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez Wore Sells Out
"This is one of the largest [ovarian cysts] I have ever seen or certainly removed", Gregory Jones, MD, an ob-gyn at Jackson Hospital in Alabama, told NBC12. "We are very excited things went well for her", Dr. Jones said. "The technical diagnosis, it was a mucinous cystadenoma". Mucinous cystadenoma tumors account for about 15 percent of all ovarian tumors. They're a typical byproduct of menstruation and form in the ovaries as fluid-filled pockets, according to the U.S. Department of Health and Human Service's Office on Women's Health. "It grows very slowly but can end up quite large", she explains.
One of the doctors in the operating room holds the 50-pound cyst after it was removed from the woman's body. "It's not hereditary and, in this case, [is] non-cancerous", Ross says.
For months, Kayla Rahn had been struggling with abdominal pain, swelling and shortness of breath. As an ob-gyn for many years, Ross stresses the importance of pelvic ultrasounds, specifically for overweight and obese women, in whom it's more hard to observe the ovaries. She had even been asked if she was carrying twins, the hospital said. "I think that should be encouraged".More news: Trump has repeatedly told aides he wants to quit the WTO: Axios
- Saudis will pump up oil production, says Trump
- Trump asserts he didn't push House GOP on immigration
- 'Everyone safe' at under-control high-rise flat fire in east London
- U.S. forces open new home in Pyeongtaek-INSIDE Korea JoongAng Daily
- Produce 'realistic' Brexit plan or risk failure — European Union to UK
- Uttarakhand bus accident: At least 47 killed in Pauri Garhwal district
- Capital city draped in grief by newspaper shooting
- Jared Kushner Allegedly Patched Prank Caller Through to President Trump
- Manuel Neuer Brands Germany Squad 'Pathetic' After World Cup Group Stage Humiliation
- U.S. ambassador to Estonia resigns citing Donald Trump’s remarks against European governments