Citing a Microsoft spokesperson, The Verge says that the Surface USB-C dongle for Surface Pro and Surface Laptop devices will be available to business customers on June 29 for $79.99.More news: Sudan teen’s death sentence for killing rapist husband cut to 5 years
Did I mention it costs $80?
You would think that Microsoft would have future-proofed most of its devices with built-in USB-C ports, but you'd be wrong - the company has generally (the Surface Book 2 being the exception) stuck with its proprietary magnetic Surface Connect port so far. While this means you probably won't be seeing the device at most retailers, it's likely that anyone will be able to buy the product online through the Microsoft Store, similarly to what happened with the Surface Pro with LTE late previous year.More news: Seized items in connection with probe on Najib valued at RM1.1 billion
Microsoft didn't immediately respond to a request for comment. Microsoft originally announced dongle in 2017 and for some unknown reasons, the release was pushed back.
The port can be used with a Type-C charger to charge the computer (provided that the charger can deliver a minimum of 27W at 12V), or it can be used to connect Type-C peripherals to the computer.More news: New mum Jacinda Ardern makes royal blunder outside hospital
If you thought it was annoying having to buy MacBook/MacBook Pro dongles, spare a thought for owners of Microsoft's Surface Pro and Surface Laptops ... It will allow users to connect their Surface to USB-C docking solutions with external displays, power, and more.
- Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez upsets 10-term Democratic incumbent
- Germany crash out as Korea Republic end on high
- Facebook is ending Project Aquila, its internet-by-drone service
- Love Island’s Samira Mighty called out by fans over Wes and Laura
- Justice Anthony Kennedy to retire from US Supreme Court
- Ariel Winter fires back after being accused of violating photo copyright
- Advocates fear future of abortion rights on Supreme Court
- Audi SQ8 spied, Koenigsegg supercar teased, Ferrari 250 GTO listed for sale
- Kusal Perera 'Cleared of Any Serious Injury' After Crashing Into Advertisement Board
- 'Fear The Walking Dead' Caught in Copyright Lawsuit