In the Panamera the hybrid system mates a twin-turbocharged 4.0L V8 to an electric motor for a combined output of 680 horsepower and 626 lb-ft. of torque. Of course, these specifications haven't been officially confirmed by Audi yet.
Earlier this month, the new Audi Q8 was revealed as a coupe take on the Q7, and in the process taking on the role as Audi's flagship SUV.More news: Seized items in connection with probe on Najib valued at RM1.1 billion
According to numerous motoring publications, this should place the RS Q8 as the most powerful model produced by Audi to date.
Power will be sent to the wheels via an eight-speed automatic transmission.More news: Love Island’s Samira Mighty called out by fans over Wes and Laura
While the RS Q8's inevitably heftier kerb weight will ensure it'll be no match for the supercar and its more athletic performance on the road, the electrified SUV will at least offer a wider range of driving characteristics, bookended by its pure electric and Sport modes. But switch to the energy-intense Sport mode and the RS Q8 should dispatch the 0-62mph sprint in around four seconds.
If the RS Q8 does come with the system's full power it will certainly outgun its main rivals the GLE 63 and the BMW X6 M. The Mercedes falls well short in the power stakes with 577 bhp, and the BMW is even further behind with just 567 bhp on offer. All of these cars use pure-combustion, turbocharged V8 powertrains.More news: Telltale’s ditching its old engine for Unity, starting with Stranger Things
All versions of the Q8 get height-adjustable, sports-tuned adaptive air suspension and proper centre diff-based, torque-vectoring quattro four-wheel drive. The other option for Audi is to fit the SQ8 with a TDI engine, perhaps the 4.0 litre V8 unit from the Bentayga. When it arrives, the electrified super SUV will outpunch the 650hp Lamborghini Urus and 550hp Porsche Cayenne Turbo, although hybrid versions of those cars are due and will nearly certainly overtake the RS Q8.
- What Players Might Los Angeles Offer San Antonio For Kawhi Leonard?
- Bernie Sanders congratulates progressive candidates on shock primary wins
- Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, 28, defeats long-time U.S. Rep. Joseph Crowley (Tylt)
- Mom shoots man who lured daughter online, tried to break into home
- New mum Jacinda Ardern makes royal blunder outside hospital
- Facebook is ending Project Aquila, its internet-by-drone service
- Justice Anthony Kennedy to retire from US Supreme Court
- Germany crash out as Korea Republic end on high
- Syrian Refugees Begin Massing on Israel's Border
- Japan probe arrives at asteroid after nearly four-year space odyssey