"On June 18, 2018, Jahseh Onfroy - known worldwide as XXXTentacion - tragically passed away from a gunshot wound in Deerfield, Florida", the statement reads. "Williams (dob 3/23/96) was taken into custody shortly before 7p.m.in Pompano". Police were looking for two men in connection with the shooting, she initially said.
Charges against Williams include first-degree murder, a probation violation for theft of a auto motor vehicle, and driving without a valid license, Broward County sheriff's office captain Robert Schakenberg told the New York Daily News.More news: Cilic gears up for Wimbledon with strong Queen´s opener
The suspect, named as Dedrick D Williams, 22, is facing a charge of first-degree murder. At least one of the men opened fire before fleeing the scene.More news: Palace says UK's Prince Louis to be christened July 9
Williams appeared before Broward County Judge Kim Theresa Mollica via video Thursday afternoon. The police charged him with aggravated battery, domestic battery, strangulation, and false imprisonment. They left behind flowers and candles and decorated the sidewalk with chalk art. XXXtentacion's attorney said Tuesday that investigators told him the shooting was a botched robbery and that XXXTentacion had withdrawn money from a bank to buy a motorcycle. In 2016, he was arrested on charges including home invasion for a 2015 incident, and less than a month later was jailed on charges that he attacked his girlfriend, who was pregnant at the time. He said he used violence so she would engage with him. Later, he faced more charges including witness tampering.More news: Koko, the gorilla who mastered sign language, dead at 46
- North Korea to return war dead remains to USA 'very soon'
- Australia stays alive with a draw against Denmark at the World Cup
- Red Bull confirm Honda switch for 2019
- Ayesha Curry's new Houston restaurant slammed by Rockets fans
- New 'Time' magazine cover shows Trump looking down at crying migrant child
- National & World News, World markets lower over tariffs, German tensions
- Mars to come closest to Earth in 15 years next month
- Koko, The Gorilla Who Knew Sign Language, Dies At 46
- Israeli aircraft strike Hamas targets in Gaza Strip
- Lukaku scores twice as Belgium thrash Panama