First Post claim that Macron only has a 30 per cent approval rate less than two years into his presidency.
President Emmanuel Macron has upbraided a French teenager after the boy addressed him informally as "Manu" and sang the socialist anthem in front of him.
A cheeky teen who dared greet him with a breezy "How's it going, Manu", during an official outing near Paris on Monday was left red-faced after receiving a sharp dressing-down from the 40-year-old leader.
Macron advised the boy should change his song choice, call him "Mr President" and "do things in the right order".More news: Australia’s Cate Shortland Eyed as Potential Black Widow Director
"You're here, at an official ceremony and you should behave", he went on.
Since taking office, Macron has frequently come under fire in the French press for what are seen as delusions of grandeur out of place in the cradle of republicanism.
"Sorry, Mr. President", the teenager said, looking abashed.
Macron was attending a ceremony in northern France to commemorate General Charles De Gaulle's call for popular resistance during World War II. "And then you can start lecturing other people".More news: Phil Mickelson finally issues apology for deliberately hitting moving ball
The French president was greeting crowds while visiting the Mont Valerien memorial, which marks the spot where hundreds of the French resistance were executed by German soldiers. "No, you can't do that, no, no, no, no", the irked president told the youngster who was waiting with his school friends.
"So you can fool around, but today it's the Marseillaise, the Chant des Partisans, so you call me "Mr President".
The tense exchange was captured on video and shared on social media.
"If you want to make a revolution, you first need to learn enough to get a degree, and to feed yourself".More news: Portugal Wins On Cristiano Ronaldo’s Record Goal
- Palace says UK's Prince Louis to be christened July 9
- Wrestling - WWE launches NXT UK
- Prince William Shares How He’s Earned ‘Street Cred’ With Son Prince George
- CVS Now Delivers Prescriptions & Other Items To Your Home
- France vs Peru - Preview, Live Match | 21 Jun 2018
- Ahmed Shehzad fails dope test
- Cilic gears up for Wimbledon with strong Queen´s opener
- Koko, The Gorilla Who Knew Sign Language, Dies At 46
- New 'Time' magazine cover shows Trump looking down at crying migrant child
- Melania Trump makes surprise visit to border facilities