Cleveland's front-office is reportedly in the same boat as everyone else when it comes to LeBron James' future: completely in the dark.
According to Cleveland.com's Terry Pluto, the Cavs have inquired about the disgruntled superstar. It's a chance to add a talented young player to an aging championship team.More news: GOP lawmaker calls on Sessions to end family separation
"They are taking calls from teams looking to move up in the draft via trade, and are seeking proven National Basketball Association vets whose presence would both improve the roster and be enticing to James". Now, following a disappointing defeat against the Golden State Warriors in this year's NBA Championship series, many are looking towards his next move as he may very well move into free agency again, possibly prompting a third installment of The Decision. He won three titles with the Lakers and one with the Miami Heat, but he didn't win any in the final three seasons of his 19-year career. It adds that the Boston Celtics - who made trade overtures for Leonard before the trade deadline - are expected to be a major suitor.
Reports surfaced over the weekend that Leonard is determined to play elsewhere despite an Express-News report earlier that said a plan is in place for the All-Star to sit down and discuss "any issues or concerns Leonard may have". And with the Lakers possessing the cap space to sign two stars - and perhaps the trade pieces to acquire another - this offseason, it may be a situation too flawless for James to pass up.More news: Poland vs Senegal Live Streaming India, IST time: When & where to watch
Fans who are on the lookout for how their teams will fare in the free agency market will have to wait until LeBron James makes his decision. The Cleveland Cavaliers want to make sure that he stays put in Northeast Ohio.
But with last week's trade request, the NBA's annual offseason game of dominos is officially underway. Also, they would have to send Taj Gibson to the Cavs in order to get Kevin back.More news: My dad, my superhero: Bollywood celebs share Father’s Day musings
A widely held opinion from National Basketball Association observers is James is ready to leave Cleveland in free agency for a second time.
- US expected to disengage from UN's Human Rights Council
- Poland take on Senegal at Spartak Stadium
- Trump ramps up rhetoric: Dems want 'illegal immigrants' to 'infest our country'
- PM under pressure to review laws on recreational cannabis use
- In Trump Rebuke, US Senate Votes to Reimpose Ban on China's ZTE
- Artists React To The Sudden Death Of XXXTentacion
- Game of Thrones cast gets sappy on Emilia Clarke's farewell post
- Son Heung-Min says South Korea's opening defeat is his fault
- China blasts Trump's new tariff threat as 'blackmail'
- World Health Organization declares compulsive video gaming a mental disorder