Tesla produced the first version of the Roadster from 2008 to 2012.
While this doesn't guarantee the carmaker's version 9 software will make your Tesla a self-driving vehicle, it at the very least, suggests that the new software would include the first steps to fully-autonomous driving.
Tesla's COPV solution for the performance model of Tesla Roadster will pump air from the car's battery and will refuel the system automatically, so it'll still technically be all-electric. It will also increase the vehicle's range on a full charge to 620 miles.More news: Hilary Barry catches up with record-breaking Kiwi cricket star Amelia Kerr
Musk has aspirations to place these boosters all around the auto, not just on the rear of the vehicle for thrust. It looks like with Tesla, Musk is going to outclass gasoline cars in every way, even it means to use some rocketry.
Alphr says the technology needed to power the SpaceX-developed boosters will replace the Roadster's back seats.
"Not saying the next gen Roadster special upgrade package *will* definitely enable it to fly short hops, but maybe...", Musk later added.More news: Saudi Crown Prince heads to Russian Federation for World Cup
The next-gen Roadster was unveiled by Tesla Motors at an event held in November 2017; with its production likely to commence in 2020. It already has a couple different sedans in the Model S and Model 3, along with the Model X SUV. It's clearly the best looking auto Musk's company has ever made.
The company wouldn't elaborate on exactly what the features are, by the way, but we'd suggest they'll take better advantage of the Enhanced Autopilot suite listed on the Tesla website.
"These rocket engines dramatically improve acceleration, top speed, braking & cornering". The rear wheels are powered by one motor each, while the front wheels share power from another motor, and all three combine to give the new Roadster 10,000 Nm of torque - frankly ridiculous number.More news: Modi salutes indomitable spirit of Afghanistan on Test debut
Big response or a clever decoy?
- Don’t Be Afraid to Talk With Someone
- Form Jonny Bairstow ready for different challenge posed by Australia
- David and Victoria make loved-up public appearance
- Sarah Huckabee Sanders planning to leave White House
- Final Fantasy XIV and Monster Hunter
- MP warns Russian women from sleeping with World Cup guests
- E3 2018: Black Ops 3 Free on PlayStation Plus Tonight
- Rebel Wilson defamation damages payout slashed almost $4m on appeal
- China wants UN Security Council to lift sanctions on North Korea
- Arsenal And Chelsea To Meet At Aviva Stadium In August