For some fans who did not take too well to the director's prequel trilogy (which, for the record, I actually enjoyed, even though they weren't perfect), that is probably a huge sigh of relief, but for many it leaves them wondering just what could've been, especially given the controversies around Rian Johnson's Episode VIII, which many fans did not like.
Before George Lucas sold Lucasfilm to The Walt Disney Company for billions of dollars, the creator of Star Wars was slowly developing what would have been a sequel trilogy to follow the events of Return of the Jedi.
A better or worse idea than Jar Jar Binks
The London-born actor, who appeared in The Force Awakens and The Last Jedi, told followers: "You're not entitled to politeness when your approach is rude". It's a fascinating conversation worth reading, even if you would hate what Lucas had in mind.
Star Wars fans will now be thrilled to know that the veil has been partially lifted on Lucas' ideas for the episodes. Tran's co-star John Boyega was the latest to voice his thoughts on the state of harassment and fan entitlement in the entertainment industry.
He later stressed that the vast majority of fans supported the cast and thanked them for "putting yourselves in our shoes", adding: "You understand that there is a process, so much appreciated".More news: UK government wins Brexit skirmish by making concessions
Boyega isn't the only one who has spoken out in defense of Tran. "People weren't nice about how I looked". "We like & dislike stuff but we do it with humor, love & respect". The post purge was spotted by the fan site Star Wars Facts, which claimed "months of harassment" was the reason behind Tran's social media shutdown.
But while some are celebrating this breakthrough, a horde of trolls in social media and internet forums have taken it upon themselves to abuse Tran for basically not being a white male - harassing her online and ultimately hounding her off social media.
Ridley quit the platform in 2016 after being criticised for a post about gun violence in the US.More news: Comcast eyes Fox after AT&T gets Time Warner merger approval
Sign up here to get INSIDER's favorite stories straight to your inbox.More news: Net neutrality officially repealed
- Glass is ‘hoof’ full for Notre Dame football after Justify’s Triple Crown
- Teen Mom's Farrah Abraham has been arrested at the Beverly Hills Hotel
- Trudeau supports Trump on North Korea, but won't respond to barbs
- Attorneys for Trump lawyer Cohen to end representation
- Donald Trump says North Korea 'no longer' a nuclear threat
- British PM fends off Brexit parliamentary defeat
- Theresa May avoids Commons defeat after Brexit climbdown
- Seen through 2018 lens, 'NAFTA World Cup' in 2026 is, well, awkward
- How Meghan Markle dared to break protocol at Queen's birthday parade
- Manchester United new boy Fred suffers 'ankle trauma' during Brazil training