The report quotes sources from the display industry, who has revealed that Samsung is now showing samples to Huawei. It is also being speculated that these panels will be used for Huawei's upcoming smartphone scheduled for the fourth quarter of 2018 or first quarter of next year. Having said that it could be a flagship smartphone, we expect it to be either the Huawei P30 series or Mate 20 series of phones. Apple too is planning to opt for a big screen iPhone - allegedly called the iPhone X Plus - featuring a 6.5-inch OLED display.
"The leap to 6.9" for Huawei's next high-end smartphone could launch either in Q4 2018 or H1 2019. But remains unclear what smartphone the company might come up with.More news: Nadal sweeps Thiem to claim 11th title at Roland Garros
About Making Comments on our Site: Patently Apple reserves the right to post, dismiss or edit any comments. In contrary, some reports also reveal that Huawei may not launch the Mate 20 this year, instead keep it for the Q1 of next year.
Credit: HuaweiThe Chinese tech giant has signed on with Samsung Display to produce a 6.9-inch OLED panel for an upcoming flagship smartphone, according to reports out of Korea. Chinese consumers prefer handsets with a large display so this makes sense for Huawei to target the Mate 20 at them. Samsung's Galaxy Note 9 is expected to sport a 6.3-inch display. This means that there is a possibility that these panels are for the Mate 20.More news: China lodges representations after U.S. official attending AIT dedication ceremony in Taipei
There's multimedia at the heart of everything: photos and videos are the meat and potatoes of smartphones for most users and Huawei wants to maximize the enjoyment of this content. The last time we came across a leak about the Mate 20 was back in March this year.More news: Los Angeles DA reviewing sexual assault case against Sylvester Stallone
- Hilary Barry catches up with record-breaking Kiwi cricket star Amelia Kerr
- British prime minister survives another key Brexit vote Europe 08:09
- Saudi Crown Prince heads to Russian Federation for World Cup
- Duke and Duchess of Sussex to tour Australia
- Sarah Huckabee Sanders planning to leave White House
- Dana White Meeting With Conor McGregor Next Week About UFC Future
- Eat Dirt And Taste Victory In Trials Rising On Nintendo Switch
- Ewan McGregor to star in sequel to The Shining
- England's Jamie Vardy compares World Cup squad mood to Leicester's title winners
- David and Victoria make loved-up public appearance