N'Golo Kante will also play in the French midfield, but the other spot is up for grabs between Blaise Matuidi of Juventus and Bayern Munich's Corentin Tolisso.
However, much will depend on how Didier Deschamps gets them functioning as a unit.
He missed out on glory at Euro 2016 on home soil after losing in the final to Portugal, though France will hope to go one better in Russian Federation.More news: Form Jonny Bairstow ready for different challenge posed by Australia
Deschamps, as good a player as he was, hasn't quite got the Midas touch when it has come to managing, and you feel, if anything is holding France back, it is that flawless head coach for this near-perfect-looking team.
'He thrives on anger sometimes and I want that Pogba.
Pogba and France open their campaign in Group C against Australia at the Kazan Arena on Saturday, followed by fixtures against Peru and Denmark.More news: NASA rover falls silent as very big dust storm envelops Mars
Giroud was forced off in the 58th minute when the ball was played in, and as he jumped with his club teammate, the pair clashed heads. So far in his career, Pogba has been more hype than substance.
Pogba was named as FIFA's Best Young Player of the 2014 World Cup, but the 25-year-old has been criticised for his inconsistency by fans of Manchester United and Les Bleus in recent years. "And most of the times for reasons that are not really reasonable". This is because of the threatening prospect of Kylian Mbappe and Ousmane Dembele on the flanks, offering speed, trickery and a potent goal threat. All of those players are capable of making a telling impact and France's substitutes could end up being just as crucial as the starting XI.More news: God of War Is Getting a New Game Plus, Sony CEO Confirms
- Display fingerprint and 91% screen-to-body ratio
- U.S., Canada & Mexico to host 2026 World Cup
- Microsoft Is Giving Office 365 A Simplified Fluent Design Makeover
- Ministers win key Brexit bill vote after concession
- How anti-Trump hysteria helps the president on North Korea
- Summit mania on eve of meeting
- Final Fantasy XIV and Monster Hunter
- Trump habit of ripping up documents a headache for record-keepers
- Trump renews his criticism of OPEC for 'too high' oil prices
- 120 countries blame Israel for 'excessive' force against Palestinians