KL Rahul has come in at number three.
Top-ranked India will be "ruthless" and not take Afghanistan lightly when they make their Test debut in Bangalore, skipper Ajinkya Rahane said Wednesday.
Undoubtedly, the first session belonged to the hosts, with the Afghans' Test cricket debut starting with a nightmare. Dhawan showed no mercy to his Sunrisers Hyderabad teammate, as he attacked him from the get-go.More news: Netflix May Soon Offer Video Game Streaming
Call it irony, Dhawan stepped out to hit straight sixes off Afghanistan's three IPL participants - Rashid, Mohammed Nabi and Mujeeb ur Rahaman with effortless ease. However, Rashid Khan had a ideal chance to dismiss the risky Dhawan in the 20 over, when the Afghans went for a review in an appeal for LBW. Rashid Khan's delivery goes in vain as the ball races towards the boundary at deep mid-wicket. During that journey it has consistently performed against other ICC members and Test playing nations recording milestone victories over them in various formats of the game.
Meanwhile, Dhawan was on fire in the ongoing historic Test match against Afghanistan. Furthermore, both Dhawan and Murali Vijay will like to get India in a more commanding position after the lunch on day one.
India will not have Kohli by their side, and will instead witness the return of wicketkeeper-batsman Dinesh Karthik and Karun Nair and new inclusions in Shardul Thakur and Navdeep Saini.
Which TV channel will broadcast India vs Afghanistan one-off Test live?More news: Don’t Be Afraid to Talk With Someone
In fact, Dhawan became the first Indian batsman to achieve this feat.
"The whole world knows that (we have good spinners like) Rashid Khan, Mujeeb, Nabi, Rahmat Shah, Zahir Khan", Stanikzai was quoted as saying by ESPN.
Afghanistan achieved full member status of the International Cricket Council past year, becoming only the 12th Test team despite conflict at home which has forced them to train in India since 2015.
Writing in his column for TOI, the former Indian captain wrote that the Test is a big game for Rahane as he is out of the ODI team for the England tour, which Ganguly felt was unfortunate.More news: U.S., Canada & Mexico to host 2026 World Cup
- VW Agrees to $1.2 Billion Fine as Diesel Crisis Grinds On
- Russian Federation 2018: Pogba can't do everything-Deschamps
- Trover Saves the Universe Announced For PlayStationVR
- Trump declares an end to the North Korean nuclear threat
- Jaguar E-Pace gets tech and engine update
- God of War Is Getting a New Game Plus, Sony CEO Confirms
- Form Jonny Bairstow ready for different challenge posed by Australia
- Man Utd transfer bombshell: Anthony Martial demands exit as agent confirms plans
- LeBron James gets 'MVP' ovation in likely Cleveland farewell
- Apple steps up encrytion to thwart police cracking of iPhones