Walking out to open with Amy Satterthwaite, Kerr became just the second women cricketer, and seventh overall, to go past the 200-run mark in one-day worldwide cricket.
Amelia Kerr has broken the women's world record for the highest ODI score with 232no.
The 17-year-old Wellingtonian blasted a world high 232 against the hapless Irish in Dublin, then took five for 17 with her leg spin after having a two-minute kip on the physio's table.
Amelia Kerr, a New Zealand batswomen, took the Internet by storm on Wednesday as she hammered unbeaten 232 runs - the highest individual score in the history of women's cricket, against Ireland in the ongoing series.More news: Arsenal And Chelsea To Meet At Aviva Stadium In August
New Zealand's Martin Guptill made 237 against West Indies in 2015. At 17 years & 243 days, Kerr also became the youngest double-centurion in global cricket - men and women included.
"It's pretty surreal. The day couldn't go any better".
"I didn't get off to a flyer, I had to work hard".
"I didn't think [captain Suzie Bates] was going to bowl me - I thought she was just going to have me stand at slip all day".More news: Inflation drops for 16th consecutive month to 11.61%
"I will sleep well, I have to stay up until 10 o'clock to finish (reality TV show) Love Island but then we'll be in bed", Kerr said.
Kerr said it was only when she came off the field, to be told by her team-mates, that she realised she had rewritten cricket´s record books.
Before her record breaking score, the Wellington Blaze all-rounder had only managed 174 ODI runs in her fledgling career.
Victory saw the White Ferns complete a 3-0 series sweep over Ireland, with every one of those wins by colossal margins of over 300 runs.More news: Polestar Engineered: Volvo takes on AMG and BMW's M-division
Her innings at Clontarf Cricket Club was the second-highest in all women's formats and is only bettered by two knocks in men's ODIs.
- Trump adviser apologizes for saying Trudeau has ‘special place in hell’
- Don’t Be Afraid to Talk With Someone
- China wants UN Security Council to lift sanctions on North Korea
- Final Fantasy XIV and Monster Hunter
- Microsoft Is Giving Office 365 A Simplified Fluent Design Makeover
- Sarah Huckabee Sanders planning to leave White House
- Modi salutes indomitable spirit of Afghanistan on Test debut
- Russian Federation 2018: Pogba can't do everything-Deschamps
- Jaguar E-Pace gets tech and engine update
- MP warns Russian women from sleeping with World Cup guests