Captain Sarfraz Ahmed led the way as he racked up an impressive unbeaten 89 from just 49 balls, with Shoaib Malik hitting 53 from 27 deliveries.
As a native Irishman Eoin Morgan, the captain of the beaten side, was meanwhile well placed to assess what the result meant for the home team and acknowledged that the better side had won on the day.More news: 'A changed era': How North Korea is reporting the summit
With the tourists missing the suspended Steve Smith and David Warner in addition to Ashes-winning bowling spearheads Mitchell Starc, Josh Hazlewood and Pat Cummins the hosts are heavily fancied to win the series. No doubt they will miss the duo but the new captain Tim Paine and coach Justin Langer would be optimistic about coming out on top in this series.
"Cricket has all the ingredients to become a global game", Tendulkar said on Twitter Sunday after Scotland's shock win over the top-ranked England. First of all, it's great for Scotland.
"We showed we were capable of this a year ago against Sri Lanka and then to take the step up to beat a full England side, no 1 ranked in the world, is a massive statement from Scottish cricket". In a bid to beef up the middle-order, Aaron Finch might have to relinquish his opening slot with Travis Head expected to open the innings.More news: 120 countries blame Israel for 'excessive' force against Palestinians
IN-FORM: England's Jonny Bairstow celebrates a ODI century in New Zealand during the winter. Calum and Safyaan are both highly-talented cricketers and will add depth and worldwide experience to the Derbyshire squad.
South Australia seamer Kane Richardson is the most seasoned campaigner with 15 appearances, Andrew Tye has four, Billy Stanlake two, Jhye Richardson one and Michael Neser is yet to debut. Mark Wood was unable to push the speed gun much above mid-80s miles per hour, and now averages 46.50 after 27 ODIs; David Willey found no swing and again looked unthreatening (despite a decent comeback at the death); and even the usually reliable Liam Plunkett bled runs throughout the innings.
England checked their progress as leg-spinner Adil Rashid had Coetzer caught behind with wicket-keeper Sam Billings, behind the stumps in place of the rested Jos Buttler, also catching Cross off fast bowler Liam Plunkett. Given he scored half-centuries in both of Australia's warm-up matches, he looks like continuing that form.More news: Jaguar E-Pace gets tech and engine update
- Fed raises key rate and sees possible acceleration in hikes
- Man Utd transfer bombshell: Anthony Martial demands exit as agent confirms plans
- Microsoft Is Giving Office 365 A Simplified Fluent Design Makeover
- The United States, Mexico And Canada Will Host The 2026 World Cup
- Summit mania on eve of meeting
- How Meghan Markle dared to break protocol at Queen's birthday parade
- NASA rover falls silent as very big dust storm envelops Mars
- Seen through 2018 lens, 'NAFTA World Cup' in 2026 is, well, awkward
- Major Crowd Fight Takes The Shine Off Tyson Fury Return
- Trump arrives in Singapore for summit with Kim