Apparently United "are in talks with Spurs over the Belgium international" and negotiations are progressing slowly if steadily, although a sticking point is Tottenham's asking price of more than £70m, which is about £20m too high for United.More news: Trump hails US, Mexico, Canada 2026 SWC win via Twitter
Spurs had hoped to settle Alderweireld's future before the start of the World Cup but the Belgian has thrown the club a lifeline by suggesting he could stay in north London.
Rose expressed a desire to leave Spurs last summer, much to the chagrin of Mauricio Pochettino, but they reconciled after the 27-year-old made a decision to remain in north London.
Fred has the power and tenacity to form a solid double-pivot with Nemanja Matic when Jose Mourinho sees the need to manage the game, but it would be simplistic to describe him as a holding midfielder.More news: The reason why Meghan Markle stood behind Kate Middleton on the balcony
Raphael Varane and Jerome Boateng are on Jose Mourinho's short-list as the Manchester United boss looks to sign a top class centre-back this summer, according to to the Manchester Evening News via TeamTalk.
Augsburg's Max is said to have had a fantastic season in Germany and so he's done enough to convince Mourinho to sign him.
United are understood to be paying a fee in excess of £50m to secure the 25-year-old's signature.More news: Clint Bowyer takes rain-shortened MI race
- Justify wins Belmont to become 13th Triple Crown champion
- ‘Avengers: Infinity War’ Officially Passes $2 Billion at the Box Office
- Raccoon scales Minnesota office tower, captivating public
- Tesla laying off 9 percent of workforce
- Trump signs `comprehensive document' with Kim as summit ends
- Angelina Jolie could lose primary custody of kids with Brad Pitt
- Canada parliament slams US' Trudeau attack
- Selfie death as British tourist plunges off cliff in Portugal
- Trump critic Mark Sanford falls in South Carolina GOP primary
- North Korea Summit: Best Donald Trump & Kim Jong-un Memes