Salah, 25, joined in with his teammates in training on Saturday, but was left out of overly physical elements as he continues to recover from a dislocated shoulder that he sustained in Liverpool's 3-1 loss to Real Madrid in the Champions League final.
On Monday, Egypt's medical staff stated they remained unsure whether he would be fit for their opening game as he did not take part in a training session.More news: N-Out Texas locations temporarily close
Salah arrived in Russian Federation with serious doubts about his participation due to the shoulder injury, which occurred when Sergio Ramos wrestled him to the ground in the final. "However, I can not confirm today that he will play in the first match", Lehita said of the 25-year-old, who scored 44 goals for Liverpool last season.
Egypt also face Saudi Arabia and hosts Russian Federation in Group A.
Prior to boarding the flight to Russia, Salah trained for the first time with his Egypt team-mates and seemed in good spirits as a miraculous recovery looked as if it had been achieved.More news: Trump signs `comprehensive document' with Kim as summit ends
"I'm excited. God willing I'm well-prepared and things are going well and my morale is high", he told AFP on Sunday. "We hope he will be with us for the Uruguay match". So I thought to myself, I have quite a few games to play before the end of the season, I can break the all-time record!
Salah is regarded as a contender for the Ballon d'Or, alongside Argentina's Lionel Messi, Portugal's Cristiano Ronaldo and Neymar of Brazil.More news: US, Mexico and Canada to host 2026 World Cup finals
- Former UNI player Nick Nurse becoming Toronto Raptors' head coach
- Canada parliament slams US' Trudeau attack
- Trump hails US, Mexico, Canada 2026 SWC win via Twitter
- Selfie death as British tourist plunges off cliff in Portugal
- How to pre-register for The Elder Scrolls: Blades
- Trump critic Mark Sanford falls in South Carolina GOP primary
- ‘Avengers: Infinity War’ Officially Passes $2 Billion at the Box Office
- Don’t tie our hands in Brexit negotiations, British government tells parliament
- Dennis Rodman broke down in tears talking about North Korea-US situation
- Angelina Jolie could lose primary custody of kids with Brad Pitt