If you're staying in Dubai for Eid Al Fitr, there's some good news for drivers as the Roads and Transport Authority (RTA) has announced four days of free parking in Dubai during the Eid celebrations.
Abdulrahman Dambazau, (rtd), who made the declaration on behalf of the federal government, congratulated Muslim Faithfuls on the successful completion of the Ramadan and enjoined Nigerians at large to use the occasion of the celebration to pray for the peace, unity, prosperity and stability of the nation. The first day of the Eid month depends on any lunar Hijri month.
It also has an extra six takbir (raising hands to ears while saying "Allahu Akbar" meaning "God is the greatest").More news: NBA Draft: Should Cleveland Cavaliers trade up to draft Luka Doncic?
Ramadan sees Muslims take part in a period of fasting, in which they will not eat or drink before dawn or after sunset for a month.
What is Eid ul Adha?
The traditional greeting of "Eid Mubarak" is used by Muslims during the holy festival around the world and you will undoubtedly see it being sent around social media.More news: Ex-prez Martinelli extradited from US to Panama for trial
The festival falls from the 21st of August to the 25th, and celebrates the end of the annual pilgrimage to Mecca. Following the Sunnah, which is the record of teachings of the Prophet Mohammad, Muslims wake up early in the morning, chant their Salat ul-Fajr (daily prayers), take a bath and wear ittar (perfume).
Ramadan officially began on May 16 this year, and lasts for a month.More news: Attorneys for Trump lawyer Cohen to end representation
- KKR Nears Agreement to Acquire Envision for about $5.5B
- Californians to vote in November on breaking into 3 separate states
- Moment SNP MPs Storm Out Of PMQs After Row With The Speaker
- NCAA Rule Change Will Prohibit Schools from Blocking Student-Athlete Transfers
- Donald Trump says North Korea 'no longer' a nuclear threat
- Love Island viewers think they know exactly why Niall left the villa
- Verstappen Sweeps Practice Rounds Ahead of Canadian GP Qualifying
- Intel's discrete graphics products will begin appearing in 2020
- Toddlers are eating too much sugar: CDC study
- Google Removes the Option of Installing Chrome Extensions via Remote Sites