According to Charania, it looks as if the Clippers are interested in trading up to select European sensation Luka Doncic.
The NBA Finals ended in a sweep, meaning there are more than two weeks left before the 2018 NBA Draft and no postseason basketball games to distract us. Jonathan Wasserman of Bleacher Report and Jeremy Woo of SI have Doncic going fourth to the Memphis Grizzlies.More news: Love Island viewers think they know exactly why Niall left the villa
Doncic will undoubtedly be a top-five pick and can really be selected at any spot.
Doncic has the potential to be that guy, but with every pick comes a set of pros and cons that have to be assessed before a team makes its decision - factors that could sway a front office one way or the other. But while there will be posturing for position around James' new destination, there are plenty of teams that figure to at the least explore trade options during the draft, either to jockey for position in the LeBron sweepstakes or to better position themselves as part of a rebuilding process.More news: Trump Slams Robert De Niro as 'A Very Low IQ Individual'
The last time a team traded up for the top point guard prospect in his draft class was last season when the Philadelphia 76ers dealt the No. 3 pick and another protected first rounder to the Boston Celtics for the No. 1 overall selection. However, the tide is turning in favor of DeAndre Ayton being selected with the first pick by the Phoenix Suns and Doncic reportedly falling out of the top three spots. The Clippers have looked to trade up. With cap space, and the need to rebuild, the Clippers can afford to take on the awful contract of Chandler Parsons by parting ways with Tobias Harris and Patrick Beverley, both of which are on expiring deals.More news: Bulls to open summer league play July 7
- Dem lawmakers seek criminal corruption probe of EPA's Pruitt
- Toyota makes record $1 billion investment in ride-hailing firm Grab
- Robert De Niro says 'F
- Intel's discrete graphics products will begin appearing in 2020
- Federal Bureau of Investigation agent who shot club patron while breakdancing charged with assault
- Trump contradicts United States military stance on Korea war games
- Net neutrality is no more. Here's what that means
- KKR Nears Agreement to Acquire Envision for about $5.5B
- Nebraska woman and her boyfriend charged with Sydney Loofe's murder
- Google Removes the Option of Installing Chrome Extensions via Remote Sites