But the White House "tried to fill in the blanks", he said, and in Kimmel Live's imagining, Trump gave away a comically large number of things. For example, there seemed to be an awkward moment when Trump stared at Kim and the North Korean leader looked away, Pease told the South China Morning Post.
Projecting authority comes easily to Trump, who as a global leader, businessman and former television personality is well-versed in using body language effectively.
In case you haven't seen the cringe-worthy production yet, The Trump administration apparently put together a four-minute long faux movie trailer starring the two leaders as crusaders for peace and the President showed the video to Kim Jon Un on an iPad during their meeting about denuclearizing North Korea. "He was not leaving this summit without claiming he made a deal", Kimmel explained.More news: David De Gea demands public apology from Spanish Prime Minister
Trump also recognized on Tuesday during a press conference that he could potentially be wrong about trusting Kim.
"I welcome today's Joint Statement of President Trump of the United States and Chairman Kim of the DPRK at the Singapore Summit which includes the DPRK's commitment towards complete denuclearisation of the Korean Peninsula", Yukiya Amano, director general of the International Atomic Energy Agency, said in a statement.
Still, Trump's desire for dominance was on display. "To convey what they wanted to see or what's in store for the future".More news: Angelina Jolie could lose primary custody of kids with Brad Pitt
"They both want to show dominance and that is why there's this bone-crushing handshake".
After their bilateral meeting at the Capella hotel in Singapore's Sentosa island, Trump and Kim met for a working lunch along with their aides. And that, of course, leaves aside the fact they thought it prudent to try to out-North-Korea North Korea in the propaganda department.
He also called for the National Security Council to have a transcript of all interactions with the "brutal, nuclear-armed dictator".More news: French farmers block refineries, fuel depots over palm oil imports
- How to pre-register for The Elder Scrolls: Blades
- US, Mexico and Canada to host 2026 World Cup finals
- Justify wins Belmont to become 13th Triple Crown champion
- US, Mexico and Canada to host 2026 World Cup
- Nike Seeks to Stop Iran's National Team From Using Their Cleats
- The reason why Meghan Markle stood behind Kate Middleton on the balcony
- Tottenham's Toby Alderweireld says he could stay amid Manchester United links
- 'Wonder Woman 2' Director Confirms Chris Pine's Return With New Image
- Virginia Primary Voter Guide
- Former hero Ronaldo backs Brazil to end 16-year wait in Russia