The Paris Saint-Germain forward crumpled to the floor after the challenge from Rami and remained on the ground for several minutes as the medical staff assessed the injury.
There were reports saying Mbappe will have to go back to France to get his injury checked, but the youngster downplayed the concerns.
Mbappe was seen grimacing in pain and holding his left ankle.More news: Tim Burton's Dumbo live-action reboot takes flight in new trailer
Allaying fears over the problem, Mbappe said via his official Twitter account: "I'm fine, it's just a knock so it doesn't matter but thanks for your messages".
The incident would have caused panic among France fans with the country's first game of the World Cup taking place on Saturday against Australia. "And let my friend Rami [know] it was not nasty".
Griezmann said: "We know it will be hard, but we have the squad and the dressing room to achieve something big".More news: Royal Family Criticized Over Prince George’s Toy Gun
Deschamps may opt to play with a front three against Australia, which could see Griezmann pushed alongside Mbappe and Olivier Giroud.
Mbappe also issued another positive fitness update on Rami's Instagram, telling the defender in the treatment room that he was feeling OK. They will then face Peru and Denmark to complete the group stage.More news: Oil Prices Inch Lower After API Reports Crude, Gasoline Build
- Man behind Fyre Festival disaster busted for scamming attendees - again
- Aeon Flux returning to MTV as live-action series
- 13-Year-Old Courtney Hadwin Gets Golden Buzzer on 'America's Got Talent'
- Toyota makes record $1 billion investment in ride-hailing firm Grab
- Nebraska woman and her boyfriend charged with Sydney Loofe's murder
- Klopp to reassess goalkeeper plans as Liverpool concede defeat over Alisson
- Mix of Western, Asian dishes served at Trump-Kim summit during lunch
- Robert De Niro says 'F
- US, Mexico and Canada to host 2026 World Cup
- David De Gea demands public apology from Spanish Prime Minister