Even before Loris Karius' costly errors in the Champions League final, Jürgen Klopp had been said to be looking at bringing in a new goalkeeper, with AS Roma's Brazilian global Alisson most frequently linked with a transfer to Anfield.
Buda Mendes GettyImages
Despite reports from the player's home country claiming a Reds bid of £60m has been lodged, the Anfield recruitment team have made no such offer as they accept any deal is highly unlikely.
Roma have already been burned once by Liverpool when they sold Mo Salah to the Reds for less than £40m last summer, so they have put a prohibitive price tag of £70m on Alisson, which is likely to ward off all but the most determined of suitors.More news: Dixons Carphone reveals it has uncovered unauthorised access of customer’s data
Klopp did not want Liverpool spending a monster fee for either Oblak and Alisson and said the club could cool their interest in the pair.
Liverpool could reportedly still resurrect their hopes of signing Nabil Fekir from Lyon this summer if president Jean-Michel Aulas softens his stance.More news: Canada parliament slams US' Trudeau attack
The Lyon president is expected to wait until after the World Cup to make a final decision, though, as he hopes that Fekir enjoying a successful tournament will create a bidding war between the likes of Liverpool, Bayern Munich and Atletico Madrid. The French worldwide appeared poised to finalise a move to Anfield prior to jetting off to the World Cup in Russian Federation, with a picture of him in the club's kit leaked online.
Though Klopp will be able to count on midfield reinforcements in the form of former Leipzig no. 8 Naby Keita and Fabinho come the new season, work still needs to be done.More news: Aeon Flux returning to MTV as live-action series
- David De Gea demands public apology from Spanish Prime Minister
- Mix of Western, Asian dishes served at Trump-Kim summit during lunch
- US, Mexico and Canada to host 2026 World Cup finals
- Arsenal, Liverpool Target Thomas Lemar Agrees to Join Atletico Madrid
- Arsenal willing to meet £26m asking price for midfielder
- Trump signs `comprehensive document' with Kim as summit ends
- French farmers block refineries, fuel depots over palm oil imports
- Virginia Primary Voter Guide
- Olympic Skier Bode Miller's 19-Month-Old Daughter Dies After Pool Accident
- Royal Family Criticized Over Prince George’s Toy Gun