Tuesday, 16 October 2018
Latest news
Main » Federal Bureau of Investigation agent who shot club patron while breakdancing charged with assault

Federal Bureau of Investigation agent who shot club patron while breakdancing charged with assault

13 June 2018

The Denver District Attorney's Office said Bishop could face additional charges pending the results of a blood alcohol content analysis.

Bishop turned himself in to the Denver Sheriff's Department on Tuesday morning after a warrant was issued for his arrest, according to Denver police.

In addition to the charges to be filed by the Denver DA, the Federal Bureau of Investigation could also suspend or fire him. A 32-second video obtained by ABC affiliate KMGH shows the agent in the middle of the dance floor surrounded by patrons, some of whom can be seen with their phones out. "The FBI will continue to fully cooperate with the Denver Police Department and the Denver District Attorney's Office as this matter proceeds through the judicial process".

Chase Bishop, 29, reportedly surrendered on Tuesday in connection with the June 2 incident, which was captured on video.

More news: Valve releases a new and very improved chat client for Steam

As CrimeOnline previously reported, cellphone footage allegedly shows the agent's gun fire when he attempts to pick it up after it falls from his trousers on the dance floor.

The bullet hit the victim in an artery in his leg, according to previous news reports. The agent was taken to police headquarters and later released to a supervisor with the Federal Bureau of Investigation.

The district attorney's office will make a formal charging decision.

Mile High Spirits said on its Facebook page that the bar's management was "deeply saddened" by the incident.

More news: President Trump Is Still Very Angry With Canada's PM Justin Trudeau

A man who identified himself in an interview with Good Morning America as Thomas Reddington was shot in the leg. "And that's when it clicked in my head, 'Oh, I've been shot'".

The firearm went off when the agent picked it up.

Last week, the Mile High Spirits team released a statement on Facebook saying they looked forward to speaking with the Federal Bureau of Investigation to learn more about why the agent was armed in the bar.

More news: Royal Family Criticized Over Prince George’s Toy Gun