On June 11, a judge sentenced John Schneider to spend three days behind bars for failing to pay spousal support, TMZ reports.
Luckily for the 57-year-old actor, who is now known for his role in Smallville, he was released from jail on Tuesday (June 12) after just serving five hours of his sentence due to overcrowding.
Schneider had earlier been ordered by a judge to transfer his property to his estranged wife to pay his spousal support debt and to resolve tax liens against the property.More news: Karnataka CM Kumaraswamy rejects PM Modi’s fitness challenge, see his reply
He didn't.so, now, in addition to the jail time, he'll have to do 240 hours of community service.
In September 2016, Schneider was ordered to pay Elvira $18,911 every month, TMZ reported at the time. Most of his money went toward repairing his Holden studio, which was heavily damaged in the Louisiana flood of 2016, the report stated.
Castle filed for divorce in December 2014 after 21 years of marriage.
The actor and singer was booked in to a jail in downtown Los Angeles on Tuesday morning.More news: ‘Avengers: Infinity War’ Officially Passes $2 Billion at the Box Office
Schneider said he's "disheartened" with the system.
The former "Dukes of Hazzard" star had until June 23 to turn himself in.
The couple married in 1993 and share three adult children, including Leah and Chasen from Castle's first marriage and their daughter Kris.More news: French farmers block refineries, fuel depots over palm oil imports
- North Korea Summit: Best Donald Trump & Kim Jong-un Memes
- Justify wins Belmont to become 13th Triple Crown champion
- Arsenal willing to meet £26m asking price for midfielder
- Tottenham's Toby Alderweireld says he could stay amid Manchester United links
- How to pre-register for The Elder Scrolls: Blades
- David De Gea demands public apology from Spanish Prime Minister
- Salah remains a doubt for match against Uruguay-Egyptian FA
- Nike Seeks to Stop Iran's National Team From Using Their Cleats
- Virginia Primary Voter Guide
- 'Wonder Woman 2' Director Confirms Chris Pine's Return With New Image