It speaks volumes about the marketing campaign that Marvel waged for this movie and it validates their decision to move Infinity War's release up a week. The Marvel Studios sequel officially crossed the $2 billion mark at the worldwide box office today, marking a genuinely rare achievement. Its US$257.7 million domestic opening weekend set a new record.
When Infinity War did debut in China two weeks after it opened in the rest of the world, it blew away expectations by earning $199.3 million and has since gone on to become the third-highest grossing film in the Asian market's history with $369.7 million to date.More news: Karnataka CM Kumaraswamy rejects PM Modi’s fitness challenge, see his reply
Infinity War is already, of course, Marvel Studios' highest-grossing release of all-time, besting the final global totals of its previous megamovie offerings, 2012's The Avengers ($1.5 billion) and 2015's Avengers: Age of Ultron ($1.4 billion), as well as this past February's cultural breakthrough hit, Black Panther ($1.345 billion).
Much of Infinity War's total has come from worldwide box office receipts, particularly in China, where it's earned $369.7 million and become the country's third highest-grossing film ever. Ever since the release of the film, fans are talking about his whereabouts. Infinity War posted opening weekend numbers of over Rs 120 crore. After China, the top-grossing offshore regions for the film are the United Kingdom ($95.1 million), South Korea ($92.8 million), Brazil ($65.9 million), Mexico ($59.9million), Australia ($46.3 million), France ($45.3 million), India ($43.6 million) and Germany ($43.4 million). Avengers 4 has been described by Disney chief Bob Iger as being a "significant conclusion" to the Marvel Cinematic Universe as we know it, allowing other characters to take over from the likes of Iron Man and Captain America.More news: Nine-year-old in rehab after becoming addicted to Fortnite video game
Thanos, the extremely powerful Titan warlord, managed to collect all the infinity stones putting them on his gauntlet to become the most powerful being in the universe.
Actor Josh Brolin played the supervillain, Thanos.More news: Former UNI player Nick Nurse becoming Toronto Raptors' head coach
"Infinity War" is one of only four movies to ever reach $2 billion at the global box office.
- Real Madrid announce Spain coach Lopetegui as Zidane replacement
- Is Anthem Coming to Nintendo Switch?
- Vietnam Protesters Clash With Police Over New Economic Zones (PHOTO, VIDEO)
- Tesla laying off 9 percent of workforce
- Trump, Trudeau trade fight: Map of Canada exports to US
- Foxconn scrutinizing harsh working conditions at factory for Amazon products
- Trump’s Trade Adviser Apologizes for ‘Inappropriate’ Trudeau Comments
- Uber and Lyft looking to start offering electric scooter services
- Trump hails US, Mexico, Canada 2026 SWC win via Twitter
- Dennis Rodman broke down in tears talking about North Korea-US situation